Turkens dying, help!!

jacevevedo

Hatching
May 16, 2020
Hi,

2 weeks ago we had a 3-5 day old Turken die in our hands. It was acting lethargic, didn't want to eat or drink. I tried the honey in warm water and it took a bit, but a few hours later it was worse. It was having like "seizures" and it was spreading its wings and outstretching its neck with its eyes closed. I am currently dealing with the same thing with a 2 week old Turken, we were hoping this one would survive because we treated it with more care, kept an eye out for it more, just did more for it. Its lethargic, I managed to get it to eat a meal worm and it was fine, then it drank water and I noticed it sneezed the second time it drank water, I'm not sure if that has to do with anything but later on it became more lethargic and now it can't stand, eyes closed and is just getting progressively colder. Currently have it in a double blanket to keep it warm...

I don't understand what is happening, can anyone help me understand?

I have the same problem with Turken's. The other breeds fine. Just one Turken and 5 mix breeds but none look like they are Turken maybe partly as roosters Turken. I wondering if like Silky's the medicated starter is the problem?

Back
Top Bottom