What Mug Are You Using Today?

Since this is a mug thread...have you all heard of bone china? That's what this mug is made from. It's china made partially of animal bone ash. Makes the pieces more white, translucent, and strong for its thinness. Although drinking from a bone mug is a little creepy.
That is very interesting! I have never heard of bone China before.
Kinda creepy but Kinda cool imagining the history it has from each animal that might be in it.

Since this is a mug thread...have you all heard of bone china? That's what this mug is made from. It's china made partially of animal bone ash. Makes the pieces more white, translucent, and strong for its thinness. Although drinking from a bone mug is a little creepy.
Bone China used to be a sought after thing. My mother had a "China closet" that was really just a glass hutch. She valued her china. We only used it for special occasions.

Bone China used to be a sought after thing. My mother had a "China closet" that was really just a glass hutch. She valued her china. We only used it for special occasions.
Too bad Amazon didn't exist back then...
Screenshot_20240521-130352_Samsung Internet.jpg
$42 for a set 🌟

I never understood, why have dishes if they're never used.
We had dishes that were only for special occasions, furniture for special occasions, even a dining room and living room for special occasions. I think it made us appreciate it all when we were allowed to indulge. I always feel a little melancholy thinking about it. When we put up the Christmas tree it was in the formal living room. It was a treat to get to camp out in there during the holidays.

We had dishes that were only for special occasions, furniture for special occasions, even a dining room and living room for special occasions. I think it made us appreciate it all when we were allowed to indulge. I always feel a little melancholy thinking about it. When we put up the Christmas tree it was in the formal living room. It was a treat to get to camp out in there during the holidays.
That makes a lot of sense with that perspective. I can imagine that being a good memory to look back on.

Back
Top Bottom