Where did you get your Magpie duck?

bayyjayy

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Utah
I haven't been able to find any hatchery that sells this breed except for one I have never heard of. Where did you get yours?

Quote:
Probably the best source but pricy. Magpies are about the hardest duck to keep the correct markings through breeding so Show people tend to stay away.~gd

Quote:
Probably the best source but pricy. Magpies are about the hardest duck to keep the correct markings through breeding so Show people tend to stay away.~gd

The price, for us, wasn't so far off other hatcheries. Shipping is what gets expensive. But, I have heard the same thing about keeping correct markings.

Quote:

The price, for us, wasn't so far off other hatcheries. Shipping is what gets expensive. But, I have heard the same thing about keeping correct markings.

I raised mine from Holderread, 2nd generation were better than what I bought, 3rd the pattern was just gone!

Quote:

I raised mine from Holderread, 2nd generation were better than what I bought, 3rd the pattern was just gone!

Wow. So how does one maintain the 'correct' patterns then? Luck?

Back
Top Bottom