Please Help Correctly Identify Lucy

Miss McComp

Hatching
Aug 20, 2015

This is Lucy, my rescue goose. (see previous post)when I saved her I was told she was a Chinese goose. I lean towards African. Any experts out there willing to weigh in please?

I have no history whatsoever. Went to a farm to purchase Silkies. Lucy was severely neglected. Necrotic prolapsed vent, nasty respiratory problems and other signs of abuse. The man said "he" was a Chinese goose he got from "some guy" and had no use for if so if I knew somebody who could take it off his hands... I didn't ask any questions at that point. I simply grabbed the poor baby up, put HER in the back of my Ford Escape and helped her make her escape.
1f60d.png

She weighs roughly 25lbs and is now in perfect health. As for a mix..no way of knowing and will never go back to that farm to ask any further information.

I'm on the back of 20 acres and most of my neighbors are Christmas Tree Fields...good thing because, yes! She is LOUD! I must be weird though, cuz I love the noise she makes not quite a honk...hard to explain...

Lol its a squeal, right? Sounds like a foghorn, followed by 'wee wee wee wee'... Lol I had to relocate mine because my 3 females would honk at my DH and it started to drive me nuts ROFL... They now get a giant pond at the neighbors ;)

Great guards, alert system... Anything in the yard and you will KNOW :D

I have no history whatsoever. Went to a farm to purchase Silkies. Lucy was severely neglected. Necrotic prolapsed vent, nasty respiratory problems and other signs of abuse. The man said "he" was a Chinese goose he got from "some guy" and had no use for if so if I knew somebody who could take it off his hands... I didn't ask any questions at that point. I simply grabbed the poor baby up, put HER in the back of my Ford Escape and helped her make her escape.
1f60d.png

She weighs roughly 25lbs and is now in perfect health. As for a mix..no way of knowing and will never go back to that farm to ask any further information.
Bless your heart for rescuing her and getting her back to health she deserves. She is beautiful just goes to show what some TLC can do.
hugs.gif

That's a pretty good description! And yes, when Lucy goes off we check the yard. She even alerts before our Norwegian Elk Hound, Bishop has a chance. She also mother's over all the babies and animals smaller than her here around the homestead. Her presence is my repayment for rescpuing her, not that I needed to be played back. It was simply the only thing to do in that situation.

Back
Top Bottom