will a cracked egg contunue to grow?

mommaofchickens

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2015
Parks Arizona
I have 22 eggs in the incubator right now. I am on day 15 and at around day 10 I was candeling one of my eggs and dropped the little light on the egg and it got a crack on the top. Can a chick survive if something like this hapens? This is my first hatch and I just didnt know. I also haven't wanted to mess with it and cause any more stress so I haven't candled it since.

I just had this happen to me last hatch, one egg received a dented crack and the other a long hairline crack. I dripped candle wax on it, the only candle i had laying around was cinnamon scented christmas candles.. anyway... I dripped it all over the dent, to be honest it looked really messy, but it hatched with no problem. I just candled it a couple of times to see if it still was alive etc. and it was. It hatched ok. Its in my brooder box now running around.

goodness I hope it works I did this last night but I wish I would have thought of it sooner or asked about it sooner. Thanks for the input you guys are awesome

goodness I hope it works I did this last night but I wish I would have thought of it sooner or asked about it sooner. Thanks for the input you guys are awesome

Also, is the dent/crack at the aircell? I think chances are better if it is. You want to cover it, so that no bacteria gets in. I've also heard of packing tape and nail polish working. Good luck!

it is on the air cell I did the wax thing with a pumpkin cented candle it was all I had they should be hatching by Monday so I'm hoping all goes well.

Day 15 and a crack on the air, you have a very good chance that egg will hatch! I would trace the aircell at lockdown and keep an eye on that egg, in case the chick tries to pip in the same spot as the wax! Good luck. Update on hatch day!!

Back
Top Bottom