Help! I cracked an egg on day 10 and it has blood on the crack now.

HuffstutlerHens

Chirping
Jul 12, 2022
Help! I was candling my eggs. It’s day 10. One of them slipped and fell when putting it back in incubator. It has a small crack and has some blood on it. I’m so worried now. What should I do? Do I keep it going?

I have never done either, but I've heard of people melting a color crayon or candle wax and putting a fine bead over the crack. I've also heard of people using fingernail polish to seal the crack, but I'd worry some of that could leak into the egg since you're seeing blood. I'd maybe go with the wax method on yours. Good luck!

I have never done either, but I've heard of people melting a color crayon or candle wax and putting a fine bead over the crack. I've also heard of people using fingernail polish to seal the crack, but I'd worry some of that could leak into the egg since you're seeing blood. I'd maybe go with the wax method on yours. Good luck!
I’m scared to put anything on the crack.

Here’s a picture. I’ll see if I can add a little wax to it.

Attachments

• IMG_1524.jpeg
    IMG_1524.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 14
o no...Have never done this before. Have never tried the wax thing either...but maybe it can be saved....Dont give up!! Hows it look now??
OMG I am so blessed to say that cracked egg and the other three all hatched yesterday morning. All chicks are healthy with no issues!! I’m so thankful! I was so worried!

Back
Top Bottom