8 week old pullet question

Plinky

Chirping
Mar 9, 2016
Hello, I've got four 8 wk old chicks- RIRed, Leghorn, Brahma, Wyandotte. I am currently giving them starter feed from Orscheln 18% medicated. I thought it was Starter/grower but last night I saw that is just says Starter (yikes!) I'm about halfway through the bag and would hate to waste it. They have grit, part time hanging chick block, occasional fresh lettuce They drink water with probiotics and another with a little vinegar
Should I change the feed?
How much lettuce and such can I give?
Can I give them meal Worms and scratch seed mixes? If not when is it ok?
Do they need medicated? If not how to stop?
Should they be vaccinated- they will be in an enclosed run due to predators and are now in a tractor with hardware cloth bottom.

Thanks from Plinky Winky Blinky and Pinky!

The starter food is fine - just finish that bag and then move on to growers. Whether you wish to continue with medicated feed is a personal choice. Mealworm and scratch is fine. Any additional food should constitute no more than 10% of total feed consumption - they should be considered as treats. Vaccination is again a personal choice and dependent upon where you live, the most common diseases in your area etc (I'd join your state thread to find out more https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread).

CT

Back
Top Bottom