Here's a fun "guess this breed" for y'all

RRLaney

Songster
May 1, 2016
Bastrop, TX
We got 4 new pullets on Wednesday and the first one that caught my eye when we were walking around the breeder's place was this adorable tiny brownish-red pullet with spots, I think she looks like a deer. So I picked her up and asked our chicken lady what she is and she goes "ohhh she's one of my "oops" chickens, I try not to hatch the eggs when I don't know who they belong to but it happens from time to time, so she was an accident, but she sure is cute"
So long story short, I couldn't resist her so she came home with us. We figure she's mixed with some kind of red...RIR maybe?

Just for fun (and out of curiosity) what do y'all think she is?

This is Arryn (12 weeks old)

Sure makes sense considering we bought all of our other sex links from that breeder. She's got tons of them!
I'm really curious to see what she looks like when she grows up!

Glad it's unanimous! Still new at determining breeds! Just out of curiosity, when she gets older do you think it'd be possible to get a better idea of what she's mixed with? Besides a red sex link (or red whatever..)? Curious where she got her cute spots from!

If you knew the potential parent breeds we could probably give some decent guesses.

I don't think her color is going to change much from this point.

Back
Top Bottom