Sick or ailing Guinea

Angus2914

In the Brooder
Feb 16, 2016
North Middletown, Ky
Need help once again. Last evening I noticed one of my Guineas was not with the group of other Guineas. He or she seemed very sluggish and submissive, they were fighting it, and it would just hunker down to be left alone. I got my net and caught it to look it over good, there were no obvious signs of an type of trauma that was visible, but as I was holding it, this milky fluid started coming out of its mouth. Could someone tell me what this might be. Also, as I held this Guinea, it constantly kept pecking and grabbing me on the hand. Any advice as to what may be ailing this Guinea? Thanks for any info I could receive to take care of this issue.

I have a few questions, is she thin? Any nasal discharge or bubbly eyes? Any rattling in the chest?

It sounds like he or she has what my chickens have when they get sick, they will get sluggish and sit around and liquid will come out of their mouth, but my guineas have never had this. If I remember right some of my chicken died from it but I hope that will not be the case with you.

I wonder if there is something wrong with the crop. I would try giving him electrolites and yogart to see if that perks him up. I would seperate him from the others if they are picking on him. Poor little fellow I hope he gets better.

Back
Top Bottom