Graceful Chickens - concerned...

GabrielBane

Songster
Sep 20, 2016
Jacksonville
Good morning folks,
I want to start off this discussion by saying that this is by no means a negative review on graceful chickens, I have seen and heard great things about them in general, I am more so concerned about my current experience with them and I am wondering if anyone has experience something similar in the past…

Last weekend on Saturday we bought out an auction for eight Barbezieux chicks from them. I immediately sent my contact and shipping information, but have still not received confirmation from them regarding shipping or even receiving my payment (I have a PayPal receipt, of course.) I contacted them on their website on Monday and there has been no effort to contact me virtually or on the phone...

I really hate leaving negative feedback or reporting a bad Business transaction, but I've been waiting almost a week for at least some sort of indication that they intend to ship. I am wondering what to do going forward from this point… it's getting late in the year and every day that they wait is another day that the climate gets colder and colder and I would really like to have these chicks before next year. Ugh.

Thoughts??

So, here's the follow-up to all of this...
hu.gif

Don't get me wrong, Graceful Chickens has some amazing stock out there and I do not want my experience to deter you from checking them out, however, during this *particular* transaction, I definitely got the short end of the stick.

I paid for a lot of 8 Barbezieux chicks on that Thursday night (mind you, this was a buy-out only auction). The weekend came and went and I didn't receive any confirmation regarding the shipping of the chicks. (or even about having received ayment) I allowed Monday to go by before messaging the seller again through their personal website's "contact us" button, no response. I allowed 48 hours on top of that to go by (so by this point it's now Wednesday, when birds can't be shipped) before messaging their business page on Facebook before finally getting a response. They had lost the notification from the auction site saying the lot had sold AND hadn't seen either of my messages.

Anyways, long story short, Apparently the Barbezieux were molting and the order couldn't be filled. (Why even list chicks you know you may not have?) I will say she offered three replacement options; Swedish Blue Hens, and Swedish Flower Hens (which were offered for a difference in price... meaning i'd have to come up with the $80 difference myself), or a refund, but I found the substitution options to be not-comparable to the original chicks we purchased so I went with the refund.

I'm still very disappointed in my over-all experience considering I've heard such great things about them from others. I may or may not try again with this hatchery in the Spring.

I know this is old but I want to add to this long story short I contacted her about chickens April 3 she said next week she'd have them she ships Tuesdays she ignored me till Thursday said she had orders to fill I get it I forget sometimes next week same thing different excuse she was sick next week same thing this went on for 4 weeks until I told her never mind it's bad business to string someone along for a month she should of said it will be a month I'll be in touch so sad i couldn't get my chicks but everything happens for a reason I wouldn't suggest buying​ from her

Back
Top Bottom