Help!. Hawk injury

dutchbunny83

Songster
7 Years
Nov 11, 2012
Fayetteville, NC
I've searched the threads,i saw to glue but it's too big. My chicken wss grabbed by a hawk. She's alert but very stressed and in pain. What do I do?. I've washed it out.

I've had a chicken who was scalped down to her skull and what I did was clean the wound with some antibacterial soap, warm water and a wash cloth. After I cleaned it about once a day, then I applied some neosporin or triple anti biotic ointment (no painkiller in it) a couple times a day until it started to dry out then I left it alone. Maybe try to wrap some sort of bandage on it if possible to try and keep it from getting dirt in it. It's really import to keep it clean so it doesn't become infected. It looks pretty good sized so I don't know if gluing or would help but you could certainly try it. Do not use hydrogen peroxide or alcohol to clean it because it will kill the healing flesh as well as what ever bacteria is on it. If you want you can give her a baby aspirin or any 81 mg aspirin crumbled on some eggs or yogurt if she seems in pain, just as long as she isn't bleeding because the aspirin has would make the bleeding worse. Good luck and I hope she recovers quickly!

Also, if she's stressed you could keep her inside or seperate her if you have other chickens, somewhere quite where she can get back to her normal self.

Back
Top Bottom