Wanting to figure out my genetics a little.

kittycat1356

Songster
Mar 15, 2016
Fayetteville nc
Hello! I have a few chickens, that I don't know much about. And I'd just like your opinion on some ^^

I bought this lil lady at a flock swap for 30$ with her brother (killed by a possum)
I was told she was an Appenzeller, but... she has a beard, and doesn't have the small spots, any ideas? (She lays almost white eggs very very light blue, but hardly noticeable)
I personally think she looks more like a barbanter( not sure if I spelled right) though her brother definitely had the Appenzeller look. (Bald chin ugly gobble gobble things lol/partial to beards)

This is my tiny little bantie hen, she's pretty smart, and I got her from a random egg on eBay. Not sure what she is at all, but her feathers are iridescent and she is fierce, she will stand up to cats, start fights with the roosters. etc. But she's still a sweetheart.

And lastly, my Frizzle Rooster,not sure if this one is guessable at all.
( maybe all my chickens aren't guessable or particular to one breed)
He doesn't have feathered legs, he probably weighs a good ~10lb. By now. I could get better, newer pics tomorrow if it would help at all. But he seems like a general mutt.

I love my chickens, and I'm mildly curious about their background.

You are right on the first one. It is a Brabanter. The second one is a brown red Game hen. Need a broadside picture of the frizzle rooster to try and determine his breed.

His legs are a dark grey, kind of hard to see in pic, he's next to a black d'uccle and silkie is behind him, might help for showing size, just a little.

And here's some pics of the hen again, just to show a little feather color. But it's good to know she's not an Appenzeller.

Her brother when he was alive

He is a head scratcher with those dark legs. . . I don't think he is a pure breed, but what cross he would be is tough to determine. What a big, handsome boy though.

Well I was told they were siblings, but oh well. She's a really good Chicken lol, she's really sweet, she was attacked by the possum too, and had an infection so she got a little TLC.

Thanks for the rooster compliment!@Gray Farms ^^ I figured he's just mutt though, he is a great rooster too, he's nice to the ladies and stops fights (even other roosters fighting) but he's a scary big boy lol, he will not accept being pet or touched.

Back
Top Bottom