Simple but hearty

Keeber

In the Brooder
Dec 20, 2015
Lexington, GA
My Coop
My Coop
I know this might sound simple, but its a staple breakfast here on the weekends when we can get a good breakfast before working around the homestead.

Hashbrown Scramble

3 medium potatoes cubed up (1/2" or smaller)
diced small onion
Sprig of rosemary
Bacon, chopped ( as much or as little as you want)
6 medium eggs

Brown bacon in skillet. Reserve some of the bacon fat to sweat onions lightly before adding rosemary. When onions are translucent, add potatoes and cook until browned. Remove rosemary and add eggs and cook until almost done. Stir in chopped bacon and serve.

Will feed at least two hungry folks and probably up to 4. Never had that problem as this goes fast!

Definitely sticks with you and at least for me fuels me until lunch even after a bit of hard work.

I know this might sound simple, but its a staple breakfast here on the weekends when we can get a good breakfast before working around the homestead.

Hashbrown Scramble

3 medium potatoes cubed up (1/2" or smaller)
diced small onion
Sprig of rosemary
Bacon, chopped ( as much or as little as you want)
6 medium eggs

Brown bacon in skillet. Reserve some of the bacon fat to sweat onions lightly before adding rosemary. When onions are translucent, add potatoes and cook until browned. Remove rosemary and add eggs and cook until almost done. Stir in chopped bacon and serve.

Will feed at least two hungry folks and probably up to 4. Never had that problem as this goes fast!

Definitely sticks with you and at least for me fuels me until lunch even after a bit of hard work.

That sounds like my kind of breakfast - or lunch or dinner!
droolin.gif

I love adding mushrooms as well. This tends to get modified depending on what we have available. We will also dice carrots failry small and cook them with the onions.

We do a similar thing, lots of scrambles here.

On mornings when we need it faster, we use frozen potatoes. Tots, hash browns, etc. microwave them for a minute or so to thaw. Cook the bacon (or sausage!) first, then the taters in the pork grease. Onions are a must! Shrooms if we have them, spinach, etc. Crack your eggs on top of that and mix them all in. Season how you want, be careful of salt depending on how salty your meat is.

Back
Top Bottom