Squatting when I pet them. What does that mean?

Shellyb

Songster
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
I just had my first sex link girl give me my first eggs 4 days ago. She seemed to do this behavior the first day I found the egg. Well my other two red sex links are now doing it too! Didn't find more then one egg today so could this possibly mean they are about to lay? Is that a clue as to when they may start? Thanks

Yup. Means you should be getting eggs in the next few days AND they think you are sexy. Your hens are hitting on you.
wink.png

We call that the chicken dance here. She is summitting to you, her roo.

This means more eggs. My BA did that for about two weeks before I got my first egg, yesterday.
smile.png

How cute, lol. I didn't think of me as the roo but thats funny. The one that started laying was the one who was very skiddish of me of the 6 older girls. Now she doesn't run away when I pet her. I wasn't sure if it was because of the laying or just getting used to me. How cute. Hope they will all become that nice. I'm tired of going in the run and getting my legs pecked at. It can hurt, lol. Oh I'm just so excited to get more eggs. It's kind of like Pringles, can't have just one! I need more now a day. My hubby thinks I'm nuts, hehehe

Quote:
My husband thinks I'm nuts too. Little does he know that he's the nuts one for staying married to me so long!
big_smile.png
It'll be ten years in October.

Back
Top Bottom