Florida Silkie Breeders-Please post here!!!!

SilkiesAndSuch

Silkie Daddy
9 Years
Jan 27, 2010
Mayo
If you live in Florida and raise silkies, please post where you live, what part of Florida you live in(Northwest, Northeast, North Central, Southern, etc) and I will add you to the list. PLEASE POST!!!
fl.gif
I really want to compile a list of breeders who live near me for future business
droolin.gif

If possible, will you post what breeds you raise, tell whether or not they are show quality, and if you are currently selling?

I know there are other threads about silkies, but I am wanting to create one just for Florida breeders. I also know that there are Florida threads in the Where am I where are you section. I am combining the two so please no "there are other posts, somebody already did something similar, etc"

Ok. I'll start. My name is Connor (aka FLTeen) and I raise blue and splash silkies here in Mayo, Florida which is located in the north central part. I own both show quality and hatchery quality birds. Want to get other colors in the future(part of the reason I am making this thread in the first place) including Buff, Black, and White.

Colors and other things are going to be abbreviated as follows if there isn't enough room to spell them out-Blue-Bl Splash-S Black-B White-W Partridge-P Buff-Bf Showgirls-SG Show Quality-SQ Breeder quality-BQ Pet Quality-PQ

North Central Where Breeds and Quality For sale?
FLTeen Mayo Blue and Splash (SQ and BQ) In the future
Sunshine Silkies Lake City B, S, W (SQ and PQ) Yes
oldtimegator Gainesville B, Bl, S (SQ) Unknown
Northeast
Shared Acres Jacksonville Silkies/SG-Bl, B, S, W, Bf, P (SQ, BQ, PQ) Occasionally
Northwest

Central
poultryhaven Ocala Splash (show quality) In the future
Bobbi Porto Lutz All colors (show quality) Yes
Southern
SilkieCRZYness Blue, Black, Splash (show quality) Eggs for sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Vickie (SunshineSilkies) told me about you.
smile.png

I have a Splash Pair from Vickie. I am hoping to start raising them in the future =]

Heres a pic
21433_dsci0675.jpg

ETA: Central FL =]

Last edited:
I'm located in SWFL and I raise SQ BBS Bearded Silkies. Eggs for sale, but there is a list to get on. Thanks Chad

BBS..................Does that mean Blue, Black, and Splash? I know SQ means show quality.....i think
roll.png

Ya she doesn't get on byc soo you mise well add her to the list yourself Flteen. She's the largest breeder I know in Florida, all SQ, all colors, she's in lutz fl, west central fl. Vicki, sunshinesilkies will get on here, she's up by lake city and is probably the second largest breeder in the state. Just the few I talk to and know of.

Back
Top Bottom