BLRW from chicken scratch poultry?

hx28586

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
Has anyone ordered either firltile eggs or day old Blue Laced Wynadotte chicks from Chicken Scratch Poultry? If so, do there colors show true to the breed? I ordered eggs from them and those are now in the incubator, but I found pics of there adult BLRW and I am not to sure they are pure of breed. I could be wrong about this and if I am then I will feel bad about posting this question in the forum.

After seeing mostly splash birds on there website, I looked into established breeders and found one named Foleys Waterfowl and Poulrty. The wife found a dozen of his BLRW hatching eggs for auction on ebay and won them for me. So I think i'll have a little more to work with once they hatch and I see what I come up with in terms of color and type.

I have ordered both eggs and chicks. they are all splash birds except one I hatched was blue but his comb is all wrong. it's a pea comb but it's all spikey. I will not be ordering from them again.

You were not happy with their birds? I ordered 16 chicks due to be shipped in April.....I ordered 2 lavender orpingtons, 6 BLR Wyandottes and 8 Araucanas. I am mostly interested in the araucanas. My birds will be pets, but I did want pretty birds with interesting colors. I dont want my birds to look the same. Am I going to be disappointed?

You were not happy with their birds? I ordered 16 chicks due to be shipped in April.....I ordered 2 lavender orpingtons, 6 BLR Wyandottes and 8 Araucanas. I am mostly interested in the araucanas. My birds will be pets, but I did want pretty birds with interesting colors. I dont want my birds to look the same. Am I going to be disappointed?
i was wondering how you ended up with your order. i am getting some in april 2013

i was wondering how you ended up with your order. i am getting some in april 2013

I plan on making a separate post 'cause I'm interested in some of their other breeds too, but I'm curious as well because the Araucanas were one of the breeds I was interested in. I was, and still am, on the fence about getting lavender Orpingtons.

Last edited:
I bought 14 eggs from Chicken Scratch Poultry. Only 5 hatched began to form. I was very disappointed in their marketing. They described their eggs as Robin egg's blue, but actually were very pale blue. Other eggs described as 'pink' were beige and their French Copper Marans eggs were described as dark chocolate but were a medium brown, no different than any other brown layers. The French Copper Black Marans I hatched have white on their wings, which is a flaw. They were suppose to have feathered feet and only have one or two feathers sticking out of their legs. When I wrote to them about the color of the eggs they responded with a statement something to the effect 'what did you expect' and I said I expected the colors you described. I won't order from them again.

I am NOT happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Araucana hens have had a problem laying....they attempted to lay their first egg and could not pass the egg so I had to cull them. This has happened twice, I have 1 more Araucana hen left and she has not attempted to lay yet... I am concerned she is next. My BLRW started laying and then stopped laying and started molting this winter. So I have not gotten much for my efforts. I am going with hatchery birds this time, hopefully I will have a better experience.

Back
Top Bottom