Automatic feeder!

Looks interesting! Let us know how it works!
smile.png

Bought one on EBAY over 2 months ago.
The seller said they shipped it but it would take 2 weeks.
I never received it, I wrote.
Seller said he would re-ship as sometimes items shipped to the States do not make it...?
Waited again..no chicken feeder.
Still waiting
old.gif

Harvest

Quote:
I bought 2 of these triggers from the seller and received them in less than 2 weeks. Seller was very easy to deal with and triggers are working great.

~Shannon

I bought one and it's just ok so far. I think I need to make the hole a little bigger. The feed gets moisture in it somehow and doesn't come out as well so I'm planning to make a bigger surface to put it on, and put a 5 gallon bucket over it from the top to prevent the sideways rain we always get from getting in. The moisture only seems to get in from the top so I know it's because the lid isn't water tight. I'm using a 2 gallon bucket from Home Depot.

All of the girls seem to understand how to use it. Cosmo, our boy, seems to prefer that the ladies hit the lever and feed him.
roll.png

Just received my auto feeder from the UK.
Can't wait to try it...
Will post results.
Thanks for the details on moisture. I will try a keep it in mind.

Totally amazed @ the simplicity of this...rats and racoons be gone !
wee.gif

I purchased two a couple months ago and couldn't be happier. Seller was very nice to deal with. No moisture, no insects (no ants!!) and no other birds.

The feed gets moisture in it somehow and doesn't come out as well so I'm planning to make a bigger surface to put it on,

Must be leaking in somewhere, I made mine out of PVC pipe and it's now been through it's first official "tropical storm" with four days of sideways wind/rain and absolutely no issues. It is exposed to the elements on all sides. Top is closed with a standard pipe cap.

I've recently installed a little bowl under it, TSC ran out of pellets so put crumble in it - worked like a charm. My roo likes to be manly and peck the trigger/call the ladies. Quite the gentleman.

ChickenFeeder.jpg

Last edited:
I have one of these and it works very well, it did take my girls a couple of weeks to figure it out. I saw someone else posted on here last week about drilling a 3/4 hole in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket and using a teaspoon in place of the trigger, it seems like it would work just as well.

Max

Quote:
Must be leaking in somewhere, I made mine out of PVC pipe and it's now been through it's first official "tropical storm" with four days of sideways wind/rain and absolutely no issues. It is exposed to the elements on all sides. Top is closed with a standard pipe cap.

I've recently installed a little bowl under it, TSC ran out of pellets so put crumble in it - worked like a charm. My roo likes to be manly and peck the trigger/call the ladies. Quite the gentleman.

http://www.sunsetchinchillas.com/Chickens/ChickenFeeder.jpg

Yes, it's leaking in somewhere. I'm guessing that's how the water gets in. I may switch to a pvc contraption like yours. I wouldn't want mine right up to the fence though, because I want more chickens to be able to eat from it at the same time. As it is, only about 3-4 fit and they bicker. I don't want to hang it and have it swinging all over, especially in a storm. So I'm not sure yet how I'll fix it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom