My chick is not moving a whole lot.

Kkmcc

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 15, 2014
I have a chick that is about 1 week old. She is the youngest of seven and she is not moving a whole lot. I have not seen her eat or drink. It looks like she is sleeping all the time. I have not heard her chirp and I have given her sugar water. She perked up a little after that but not much. I am very concerned. I don't know what else to do. Please help. :/

Some times this could mean that they have coccidiosis are you feeding a medicated chick starter? I hope the little guy is getting better.If it is cocci they will have bloody stool or it can also be white and runny.If left untreated it will kill your baby chick.Hope this helps.

Thanks. We do feed her medicated chick starter. She had not removed her wastes for a while but finally she did and she was more active after that. She has started eating and drinking again. She seems almost normal but still a little more tired than the others. Should I be concerned about this??

I would just wait it out .Sounds like the little guy is on the rebound

Last edited:
Have you put any Probiotic or Apple Cider Vinegar in the water ????

If you have any egg's in the house you might want to boil a couple of them up and remove the shell and mash up the egg really good and serve and try this about three times a week for the first couple of weeks and see if there is a difference in the health of your chicks ....

How are your chicks doing now anyway ???

My chick has almost fully recovered! We do put apple cider vinager in the water. :)

My chick has almost fully recovered! We do put apple cider vinager in the water.
smile.png

Great to know your chick is on the road to recovery so what do you think was the biggest help to turning your chick around ??????

Back
Top Bottom