Weak baby chick not growing

Windysink

Hatching
Apr 17, 2024
Hello everyone . I have an almost 2 week old golden polish chick that is not growing and is very weak. For reference, it is smaller than my week old silkie bantam. All my chicks are on medicated feed. The golden polish has trouble walking, once she falls over she just can’t get back up and will lay on her side. She also just sits and chirps. She will peck at her food but I don’t think she is eating and drinking as much a she should be. I have been dipping her beak in sugar water and also a mixture of poultry cell and water but it hasn’t seemed to help her. She is separated from the others to avoid trampling. I would say she has been the weakest one ever since I got her. The only other golden polish chick I had seemed to be very healthy, it was active and was growing at a good rate. The other day it got sick out of no where, it couldn’t walk, had pale yellow diarrhea, and opened and closed its beak with no sound coming out. Unfortunately I was not able to save it. Could it be my golden polish have something genetically wrong with them? Any advice on what to do? Should I switch to non-medicated feed? Thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom