What duck breeds are these 2 ducklings?

Corgiqueen

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2024
I purchased these 2 ducklings from the Tractor Supply located the South Florida. The store associate stated that they get their ducklings from Privett Hatchery. I called them to ask what breeds of ducks they sell and they told me that they mostly sell Perkins to Florida. These 2 were the smallest in the brooder and the duckling in the left of the photo was the smallest of them all. This duckling is also the lightest color of all of the other ducklings as well. The duckling on the right was smaller than the rest of the ducklings as well with an unusually tiny bill. What breeds of ducklings do you think these two are? I don’t think these two are pekin ducks.
IMG_3681.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3658.jpeg
    IMG_3658.jpeg
    361.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3661.jpeg
    IMG_3661.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3664.jpeg
    IMG_3664.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3670.jpeg
    IMG_3670.jpeg
    359.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3677.jpeg
    IMG_3677.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 6
look like pekins to me.
This is them now. The one duckling is much bigger than the other duckling and in person, the one duckling (the bigger one) is a darker yellow, where the smaller one is more white. I can agree that the one duckling (the bigger one) is definitely a Peking duck. Not the smaller one.

Attachments

• IMG_3748.jpeg
    IMG_3748.jpeg
    497.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3728.jpeg
    IMG_3728.jpeg
    516.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3743.jpeg
    IMG_3743.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3738.jpeg
    IMG_3738.jpeg
    483 KB · Views: 2
This is them now. The one duckling is much bigger than the other duckling and in person, the one duckling (the bigger one) is a darker yellow, where the smaller one is more white. I can agree that the one duckling (the bigger one) is definitely a Peking duck. Not the smaller one.
my vote stays the bigger one is a jumbo pekin and the other is a normal pekin maybe white layer. all yellow no signs of any shading is always a form of pekin. in my experience i know welsch are mainly yellow but there heads have a dark shade these do not.

Back
Top Bottom