Duck lost it's companion

bjklemm

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 6, 2013
We have 11 chickens and 2 ducks (girl and boy) that all free range together but they coop separetly at night. Well last night one of our 2 ducks died (don't know why). Will our lone duck get lonely or will he be fine? Should I release him to a local pond to be with others or get another duckling? Just want what is best for him.

We have 11 chickens and 2 ducks (girl and boy) that all free range together but they coop separetly at night. Well last night one of our 2 ducks died (don't know why). Will our lone duck get lonely or will he be fine? Should I release him to a local pond to be with others or get another duckling? Just want what is best for him.
Please don't release him to a local pond that is called dumping and very good chance your duck won't live. being it is dependent on you to care for it. Look on Craigs list and feed stores bulletin boards for ducks or on here at the rehoming thread or buy sell trade or go to Where am I where are you and look up your state and ask if anyone has any ducks. But please don't dump it, and yes it will be lonely. Very sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom