cackle hatchery

My chickens are all from Cackle Hatchery, but I didn't deal directly with them. They were ordered through Farm and Fleet. However, of the 50 birds I ordered, 48 made it past the chick stage and some of them should start laying soon. They are all doing very well. I can't comment on the Hatchery itself as far as customer service, but I am very, very happy with my mixed flock that came from them.

ty I plan on getting 30 cinnamon queens,20 easter eggers pullets and 50 red broilers from them this spring just getting some input on quality

I hate to change the subject but what can anyone say about Ideal Poultry?
[/quote
I've ordered from Ideal Poultry several times as well & I've quite happy with their birds & service. I actually prefer them slightly to Cackle Hatchery. The black australorps I've gotten from Ideal have been a little better layers than those I've gotten from Cackle, although not quite as good a layers as the BAs I've gotten from Dunlap Hatchery. I've never lost more than 1 or 2 chicks in shipping from any of these hatcheries (never a single one from Dunlap), & since all of them have always put 2 or 3 extra in the boxes, I've gotten what I paid for.

My Jersey Giants came from Cackle, and while they are not super huge, they have been incredibly healthy birds. I've had more problems from birds I purchased from private breeders than I have from my Cackle flock.

Back
Top Bottom