Chicks arriving in the late afternoon?

FlockFinderWest

Chirping
Dec 9, 2023
Has anyone ever had chicks arrive at their post office later in the day? I’m getting a little nervous. My chicks from cackle shipped Monday, and this morning I did not receive a call early in the AM like previous times. So I went over there to check in person and they weren’t there. My shipping now says the chicks left Denver on the shipment truck at 9am. (I live in Fort Collins an hour away) its now 12pm and the post office closes at 5:30. is there still a chance I’ll be able to pick them up today or will they more likely arrive Thursday morning?

Attachments

• IMG_1786.png
    IMG_1786.png
    507.9 KB · Views: 16
It may be too late since they are in the system, but did you also sign up for text notification from USPS? When I ordered chicks 2 years ago, my text delivery notice came through over an hour before I received a phone call. I had already been in the lobby for a half hour waiting for the PO to officially open when they called me.
Hoping you get your babies today though🤞

It may be too late since they are in the system, but did you also sign up for text notification from USPS? When I ordered chicks 2 years ago, my text delivery notice came through over an hour before I received a phone call. I had already been in the lobby for a half hour waiting for the PO to officially open when they called me.
Hoping you get your babies today though🤞
I did, I haven’t received any texts though :( they were good about calling me last time. I’m going to go before it closes and ask if they can call me so I can pickup after hours, but they’re kind of uptight so I doubt they’ll let me

They do get later arrivals. I am in Loveland by the way.
I went to get feed in the afternoon and that store had just picked up chicks that came in the afternoon.

That said given it's 20 til 4 yours may be a tomorrow thing.

I hope they arrive today but am not confident they will.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had chicks arrive at their post office later in the day?
Yes.. the post office in the bigger town before me get's 2 truck in the morning and one in the afternoon. They have called me in the afternoon and I have driven the 2 hours each way to pick them up. I have also requested they just put them on the morning truck as originally planned.. depending on my situation, how much was spent, how many days before getting to that PO, etc..

My location gets 2 trucks in the morning only.. so anything that doesn't arrive on the 8 o'clock delivery won't come until the following morning. So it depends on your location.

:fl

Their system is slow.. it' doesn't show updates sometimes for several hours even after I know I already picked them up and watched the worker scan the box.

They do get later arrivals. I am in Loveland by the way.
I went to get feed in the afternoon and that store had just picked up chicks that came in the afternoon.

That said given it's 20 til 4 yours may be a tomorrow thing.

I hope they arrive today but am not confident they will.
Thank you, tomorrow will be day 3 so they should still be fine but they are bantams and I’m worried about how fragile they are.

An update incase anyone experiences something similar, I finally got the call at 5:15 pm after the PO closed. Two chicks were dead, they had been crushed by the heat pack in transit. The rest are ok but two in particular look very weak. Fingers crossed they pull through the night

Back
Top Bottom