Patiently waiting - or anyways I'm trying!

City-Chickee

Songster
6 Years
Sep 28, 2014
Des Moines, IA
Placed my first order for baby chicks! I'm so excited I could burst LOL
Now for the hard part....waiting until April. Gosh that seems like forever!!!

So, I will be receiving all girls - 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Welsummer, 1 Salmon Faverolle, 1 Black Australorp, and 1 Barred Plymouth Rock.
Will definately post pics when they get here.

Just had to share with you guys :)

I remember that feeling like a really long wait too. We had 3 that we bought off Craigslist (never, ever do that again!) in December. Then we placed an order with Murray McMurray in January and had to wait until mid-April. I about drove everyone I knew nuts talking about them, lol. Hard to believe our girls are now 11 months (CL girls) and 7 months old (MM girls). They're all grown up and laying and so much fun.

You're getting a really nice assortment of birds. Welsummer's are on my 'some day' list (along with oh just a few others), Don't forget to share pictures when you get them!

Last edited:
1 white silkie bantam (4 year old had to have it) 1 barred plymouth rock, 2 Australopes, Easter egger and 1 red star. I want to get a buff Orpington, Wyandotte and sussex which will be available at a local store mid March but i have been advised not to have chicks 2 weeks apart in age. I don't know if I'm going to want to constantly have chicks in the house or to worry about them getting along in future

I really wanted to get an easter egger too (blue or green eggs sounded cool!), but I was worried that the other gals would pick on her since she'd be much smaller...

Unfortunately I already have a "some day" list
hmm.png

Even though I have those five ordered, I also wanted to get a blue laced red wyandotte, a barneveldar and various colored cochins - so fluffy!

Maybe some day

LOL I didn't know that was a "thing"
ya.gif
glad I'm not alone
Sounds about right though, as much research I've been doing for the past couple of months I think I've become a bit obsessed hehe Hubby comes over to see what I'm reading on the interwebs and he's like "oh...chickens again?" and I'm like but they're so pretty!! - he rolls his eyes and walks away

I really wanted to get an easter egger too (blue or green eggs sounded cool!), but I was worried that the other gals would pick on her since she'd be much smaller...

I thought that the bantam would be too small for my others but from reading it should be fine. I guess if you have different breeds of chickens they will accept all sizes too because the won't know the difference. I might get another bantam just so she isn't the only tiny one. I'm afraid to change my order because I dont want to delay my chicks. Chicken math has already hit here and I havent even owned one before.

Back
Top Bottom