Christmas 2014 Hatch-a-Long (12-25-14)

I set over two dozen eggs today, all due to hatch on Christmas. Anyone else got eggs due to hatch 12-25-14?[/quote
We set 16 yesterday the 4th. They are just barnyard mix. We got a new advance 20 so we want to work out the bugs before buying any fancy eggs or anything expensive.! Excited for our first hatch!

We set 16 yesterday the 4th. They are just barnyard mix. We got a new advance 20 so we want to work out the bugs before buying any fancy eggs or anything expensive.! Excited for our first hatch!

Cool! I have the little giant still air bator.

The barnyard mixes are always so cool. The one I hatched in the spring is a sandy color with gold streaks down her neck and a slight beard.

Good luck with your hatch :jumpy.

The trick is to avoid the bator till hatch day haha.

Here's my cross Copper :)

I just set 32 eggs, so they should be hatching a day or 2 after yours, Peep-Chicken! I'm glad to be able to hatch along with someone. I tried to hatch last month, and sadly, had no success. :( I've made a few changes and am trying again.

I wanted to start so they were due on Christmas, but I had to wait until today because I wanted different eggs. I waited so I could add some blue eggs that I got from a local guy. I doubt it was worth the wait, because he claimed to have Araucanas, but only 3 of the 14 eggs he gave me are blue... and two of those are over a week old. I also debated doing the new year hatch along, but by then, none of the blue ones will be as good. So here I am! And excited, too!

Besides the eggs I got from him, I have several of my own. We have one rooster who is only about 7 months old. We have no idea of his breed, and he is most likely a mix. Cool comb, though. I've put in several from our young black star, welsummer, and white leghorn, as well as some from an old hen who I think might be a Rhode island red. So, who knows what we'll get out of this! If I end up with any live chicks, I'll be thrilled!

My last attempt was thoroughly disappointing.

I also have a little giant still air incubator. Maybe I could learn some tips from you to make this hatch more successful? It seems like you have hatched successfully in the past?

Back
Top Bottom