I need your help ASAP!

BenceHUN

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 23, 2014
Hungary
My duck can't use her right leg, because she has slipped achilles tendon.
Her left leg is swollen, and she want to walk, but she can walk nothing.
She is just suffering :( I don't want to she die.
I'm crying a lot..

My duck can't use her right leg, because she has slipped achilles tendon.
Her left leg is swollen, and she want to walk, but she can walk nothing.
She is just suffering :( I don't want to she die.
I'm crying a lot..
How did this happen, and did it just happen. You need to place her on soft bedding in a small area where she doesn't move around alot and cause more damage, place food and water close by her so she can get to it easily, then think is there a vet close by you can take her too. If she is in extreme pain then your going to have a serious decision to make. Right now make her as comfortable as possible. And warm if it's extremely cold where you are.

I take care of her for 8 month ago.
It's starting that I bought 5 ducks. One of them just lying, and her 2 legs are lame.
I took her to the vet, and she give her vitamins.. And next week she could walk.
She could walk 1-2 months, and next she start the limping.
Her right leg is deformated and I took her again to the vet. She said: She has a slipped achilles tendon. She could not walk, but she was happy and eating well.
And now her left leg is swollen and hot. She is eating not much.
I try lot of things, to help her, but nothing helped. :(

sorry for my bad english:(

I take care of her for 8 month ago.
It's starting that I bought 5 ducks. One of them just lying, and her 2 legs are lame.
I took her to the vet, and she give her vitamins.. And next week she could walk.
She could walk 1-2 months, and next she start the limping.
Her right leg is deformated and I took her again to the vet. She said: She has a slipped achilles tendon. She could not walk, but she was happy and eating well.
And now her left leg is swollen and hot. She is eating not much.
I try lot of things, to help her, but nothing helped. :(

sorry for my bad english:(
Do you still have her on vitamins. if not put her back on them, sounds like an infection in the leg that is swollen and hot, antibiotics would help there hopefully, I'm thinking your not in the USA, so not sure what you can get, here we can go to the feed store and get a few antibiotics. In the meantime maybe think about Epsom salt soaks or compresses, with the soaks you mix around a cup or 2 to start of Epsom salt into a small tub just large enough for your duck to fit into so she is soaking and not swimming around in it[you don't want her drinking this solution since it also works as a laxative.] but use warm water and mix then place your duck in to pan or small tub, and hold her so she doesn't jump out, keep her their as long as she'll let you. you can do this many times a day, Epsom salt will help bring down inflammation then compresses use the Epsom salt and warm water like for soaking except your going to soak small towel then wring out till it's not dripping but nice an wet. wrap her leg and hold it there till it goes cool. you can do this multiple times a day too. Did you check her to see if she has a cut or scratch on her swollen leg.? I would that way you'll know which antibiotic is best to use. Can you get her to the vet again, that is actually the best option. It is so sweet of you to take her knowing she was lame in her one leg. Lets hope you can help her now. She's the one inside I assume?

I give her Brewer's Yeast every day since 3-4 month.. I soak her leg with epsom salt every day once(maybe this is the problem, I will soak many times a day) What kind of antibiotic should I buy??
And yes she's in the cabinet..

I give her Brewer's Yeast every day since 3-4 month.. I soak her leg with epsom salt every day once(maybe this is the problem, I will soak many times a day) What kind of antibiotic should I buy??
If this is an internal infection she will need more than just Epsom salt water soaks.
Other than the Collodial silver that we already talked about the only other antibiotic I know of are Penicillin for infection from cuts or scrapes and Aureomycin for bacterial infections. Not knowing which one this is makes it hard to know which one to get. Some also use Tylan and Baytril on their water fowl .

He needs to see a vet. If it IS a slipped tendon, just giving him supplements won't do much, she needs medical attention, possibly a foot brace. The poor thing is suffering, please consider taking her to a professional. :/

she is rested many time, and she is better now :)
Today she ate better, and she is happier, but her leg is a little bit swollen :(

I still think a vet visit is warranted, if anything to give her something for her pain. :/ Please, I'm begging you, if it's broken it'll never heal properly unless it gets set by a professional. And if it's an abscess she needs prescribed antibiotics. She probably hurts a lot....poor thing.

Back
Top Bottom