Cheap egg cartons

Whether you want to stock up there or can find a better price will depend on a few things - do you have enough birds that you are going to need to purchase large quantities? Those large quantities can often be found online for lower prices because of the volume being purchased.
An alternative is to look for free cartons - if you ask friends/family/church group/co-workers/etc to save you their cartons from store bought eggs you can often find yourself flooded with cartons in no time. Ads on FB or CL can also be a good way to get a stock of cartons from others.

I agree with Ol Grey Mare. We have many friends that give us their egg cartons so we are never low on them now. But it all depends on how many chickens you have, and how many people are giving egg cartons to you.

I agree also. My grandmother and uncle keep us VERY well stocked with cartons.
big_smile.png

If you're just selling to friends you can reuse cartons....if you're selling to the public, your local authority might dictate that you use new unlabeled cartons.

Good news!
Another option (that I have used at times when my regulars have not been good about returning their cartons regularly so my stock dwindles) is to store the eggs in a bowl, box, etc and only fill cartons as they are needed (vs having to have enough cartons to store every single egg).

I don't like the bulk storage, I keep them in order of lay to rotate freshness.

I find I have to tell people I don't need more cartons as I get deluged with them as soon as folks find out I have chickens....
......they want to give you cartons, but not buy eggs.

Back
Top Bottom