Most economical place to Buy Hardware Cloth?

Juniper148

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2015
Iowa
I have all the major home improvement stores and several farm stores nearby. Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, Northern Tool, Bomgaars, Mill's Fleet Farm, Theisons, Farm and City, Tractor Supply, etc. I'll be enclosing an 81 sq ft run so I'll need quite a bit.

Last edited:
We recently purchased a 48" x 100' roll of 19 guage 1/2" hardware cloth from Amazon. It was around $160. included free shipping. Arrived in a couple of days.

I just googled "hardware cloth,ga,whole sale" to get a good price (put your state in of course). I wanted a thicker wire than 19 gauge ... I am looking at 16 gauge. I want a wire cloth that is less likely to rust as well.

Last edited:
So far my "chicken palace" as my husband calls it has cost $650 at Home Depot this weekend. It's 6' x 8' raised 18" off the ground attached to my barn. Framed & sided with tar papered roof. Next weekend he should finish so I'm figuring another $300. I'm gonna stop by ReStore which has used building supplies and see if I can get a window cheap. I also thought about linoleum for the floor of the coop, easy cleaning. I'm gonna go with deep litter method.

I have all the major home improvement stores and several farm stores nearby. Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, Northern Tool, Bomgaars, Mill's Fleet Farm, Theisons, Farm and City, Tractor Supply, etc. I'll be enclosing an 81 sq ft run so I'll need quite a bit.

I get mine at Menards. Right now they have their 11% rebate going on.
How high are you going with wire? If I figure it right your talking a 8x10 ft area. So you have 36 ft around the perimeter . I think I just paid 19 bucks for 36 ft roll at Menards. Oh the roll I bought was 2ft wide.

Amazon and with free shipping!

Thanks all! I found some on Amazon for $43. 24" x 50' and free shipping. I changed plans slightly and the hardware cloth is going around the coop only. Doing 14g 2" x 4" welded wire around the outside. All our predators, aside from dogs and hawks, are nocturnal so didn't feel the need to do hardware cloth all the way around the run. We have a dog-agressive dog of our own and a fenced so very little chance a dog would get to the backyard with her on guard.

Back
Top Bottom