molting ????

mbudmon

Hatching
6 Years
May 21, 2013

this is my chicken yolkie. she is losing feathers on her underside and has stopped laying. I have one other chicken in my flock with the same problem - same age. I have one chicken who just started to lay and now suddenly has stopped. this has been going on for about 3 weeks. they all seem perfectly healthy otherwise, normal eating habits and free ranging normally. I live in central texas where the temperatures have increased. not sure whats going on but now I am starting to get worried any info will help. thanks!!!

Last edited:
The combination of feather loss in that pattern and the lack of production could be indications of broodiness. Have you noticed her exhibiting any other broody behavior? Have you examined the birds for signs of external or internal parasitic loads? You mention the other bird is the same age as Yolkie - what is their age?

I have not noticed any other signs of broodiness. This has been going on for about 3 weeks. And now this morning all 4 of my chickens have the feathers missing from their belly. 2 of my chickens are about 2 years old and the other 2 are 7months. I am at a loss here..... :(

Back
Top Bottom