HELP! fit's time hatching and eggs will arrive in 2 hours

calcifer

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 29, 2015
Hello please help me. Last night I set up my little giant incubator (with fan kit) for the first time, so far i have the temp at a steady 99-100 but the humidity wont go above 50%! It has all of the water channels full and its been running for 12 hours straight buy wont go up, I tested the hygromeger using salt(with a little water) for 6 hours and the reading was 74% so i know its not the hygrometer and its about 74 - 80 degrees and 68% humid in the room i have it set up in. What should I do? My quail eggs will arrive in about 2 hours and i dont know how to fix this. Ps im not sure if it matters becuese of the fan but my incubator did not come with red plugs. Please advise

Hello please help me. Last night I set up my little giant incubator (with fan kit) for the first time, so far i have the temp at a steady 99-100 but the humidity wont go above 50%! It has all of the water channels full and its been running for 12 hours straight buy wont go up, I tested the hygromeger using salt(with a little water) for 6 hours and the reading was 74% so i know its not the hygrometer and its about 74 - 80 degrees and 68% humid in the room i have it set up in. What should I do? My quail eggs will arrive in about 2 hours and i dont know how to fix this. Ps im not sure if it matters becuese of the fan but my incubator did not come with red plugs. Please advise
If you really need the humidity that high (I don't do quail, and everything I read for quails vary in humidity recommendations as much as it does for chickens) then you can take a couple sponges, (I use regular, new, kitchen size sponges) and wet them and set them in the bator. This should help up the humidity and it's easy to grab a spong out and rewet it when you need to.

As for the plugs. I don't even have my plugs for the LG. I usually run with the vents open if I feel I need to close them for temp or humidity reasons I just place a quarter over them...lol

drop the humidity to 40 for the first 14-15 days. Day 15 raise to 70 using a sponge. Also read humidity_queens options on dry incubation and learn to adjust the humidity based on air pocket size. main thing is not to panic about humidity because there's a lot of variables involved so 40ish is a good place to start.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom