Anyone Have Available & Willing to Ship Barred or "self Colored" Muscovy Hen to Los Angeles?

Ecwynes

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 16, 2015
Calabasas, California
Hello Again My Fellow Duck Lovers;

Thank you very much for the warm welcomes and making me feel at home here : - )

I am re posting my inquiry to add shipping possibilities and other colors/marking patterns.

I am anxious to acquire barred, self colored, laced or cream and blue fawn Muscovy ducks/hens, Preferably close to a year of age.

I do have a few Muscovy breeders here in southern California, yet none have the above colors/markings, at least the ones I have been able to find and speak with.

I have just my little Coco braving the affection of Tesla, my drake alone! I am not so sure she is happy about it. Last night she slept a few feet away from him, which she has never done. He continuously grooms her whenever she lays down and occasionally flattens her like a pancake when she is up and about. I am worried, as I have read that breeding is too much for one duck, in Muscovies. Tesla & Coco are both about 10 months old.

I have limited space ( though a good sized duck yard for Los Angeles approx 40' x 20' ) so feel the need to be very selective as I add more ducks, as I figure just a couple more will comfortable fit.

I am looking for hens/ducks about a year old, because I hope that the ducks would be more likely to get along if they were of similar age. I am afraid to put younger ducklings in with my pair as the few folks I have spoken with have said that the new ones could get picked on. Perhaps I am wrong about that?

I have set up a second house for the new hen(s) in case the pair I have won't share theirs. I'm ready to love and dote on the new ducks/hens, I just need to find them!

I was wait listed for a lovely breeder in Maine, who ships, since early this year, Alas, seemingly I haven't heard back from her, as much as I have tried reaching her and she has stated on her website that she hasn't heard back from some her wait list folks and has closed the list. Which is why I may seem to be scrambling now, I had been expecting to acquire the ducks from her by now and spare Coco this stress. Though I am sure there must be a reason things are the way they are.

If any of you have a referral or suggestions, I am delighted to hear them : - )

Thank You,

Kimberly

PS:

Again, I am a total newbie here at BYC as well as with Muscovies, so please feel free to correct me or enlighten me should I be missing something or make a mistake here.

Thanks Again,

Kimberly

Hello Again My Fellow Duck Lovers;

Thank you very much for the warm welcomes and making me feel at home here : - )

I am re posting my inquiry to add shipping possibilities and other colors/marking patterns.

I am anxious to acquire barred, self colored, laced or cream and blue fawn Muscovy ducks/hens, Preferably close to a year of age.

I do have a few Muscovy breeders here in southern California, yet none have the above colors/markings, at least the ones I have been able to find and speak with.

I have just my little Coco braving the affection of Tesla, my drake alone! I am not so sure she is happy about it. Last night she slept a few feet away from him, which she has never done. He continuously grooms her whenever she lays down and occasionally flattens her like a pancake when she is up and about. I am worried, as I have read that breeding is too much for one duck, in Muscovies. Tesla & Coco are both about 10 months old.

I have limited space ( though a good sized duck yard for Los Angeles approx 40' x 20' ) so feel the need to be very selective as I add more ducks, as I figure just a couple more will comfortable fit.

I am looking for hens/ducks about a year old, because I hope that the ducks would be more likely to get along if they were of similar age. I am afraid to put younger ducklings in with my pair as the few folks I have spoken with have said that the new ones could get picked on. Perhaps I am wrong about that?

I have set up a second house for the new hen(s) in case the pair I have won't share theirs. I'm ready to love and dote on the new ducks/hens, I just need to find them!

I was wait listed for a lovely breeder in Maine, who ships, since early this year, Alas, seemingly I haven't heard back from her, as much as I have tried reaching her and she has stated on her website that she hasn't heard back from some her wait list folks and has closed the list. Which is why I may seem to be scrambling now, I had been expecting to acquire the ducks from her by now and spare Coco this stress. Though I am sure there must be a reason things are the way they are.

If any of you have a referral or suggestions, I am delighted to hear them : - )

Thank You,

Kimberly

PS:

Again, I am a total newbie here at BYC as well as with Muscovies, so please feel free to correct me or enlighten me should I be missing something or make a mistake here.

Thanks Again,

Kimberly
@learycow is a member here you might try PMing her. Other than her I don't know anyone who has the colors you are wanting not even sure she does but she is in Maine and has a hatchery.

Welcome to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom