Egg Shipping

rick54

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 5, 2013
Rockford, Michigan
I was wondering what the preferred method of shipping is for quail eggs. For example, when Robby at James Marie Farms sends out eggs on Monday, do they go Priority Mail, Next Day Air, Two Day Priority?

So I was just wondering how many days I should expect eggs to be in transit and should I have an option on a shipping method, what would be my first choice. Perhaps next day or a few days isn't a critical issue?

What has been your experience with shipping times?

Thank you.

Priority Mail is stranded. Next day might be better. We are getting into a bad time of the year to ship tho. Eggs should be keep at 70F or below to keep them from going into incubation. Most sellers collect no more then three days & ship on the third day. Three days in the mail & a day to rest makes 7 days which will give you your best hatch rate on shipped eggs. If you keeping them home you can probably get by storing them up to 14 days with about the same hatch rate or a little better. I would expect better then 50% on shipped eggs. If it is hot when they ship I wouldn't expect 20%.

Back
Top Bottom