Eggs set 03/10/09 Pics added on 4/18/09 check them out

Bock_Bock

Songster
11 Years
Dec 13, 2008
Hayward, Ca
I will be setting ym second batch of eggs ever on the 10th or 11th wish me luck there will be around 36 eggs hopefully if not more i have the little hovabator 1602n, you can see how my first hatch went it is in my sig line below, hope i get better this time around wish me luck thanks so much, most these eggs will be bantam eggs but some standard and some jersey giants so i will get a nice mix i cant wait

Last edited:
here is my first set of eggs i got a nice mix
i will be getting some more eggs on Tuesday or Wednesday from another byc member thanks again
well here they are 36 eggs
100_2852.jpg

100_2847.jpg

100_2845.jpg

here you can see some semi dark eggs got 2 of these also do these seem kinda pointy to you (hope there not roosters lol jk i know that method doesnt work)
100_2849.jpg

100_2848.jpg

here you can see my bice colored blue eggs sorry they were laid in rain/mud so kinda dirty
100_2850.jpg

and here is a picture to show you the 3 sizes of eggs i got
The bantams first, then the araucana thats what the breeder said they were it would be nice but EE's that lay this color would be nice too and last is the regular/standard size egg
100_2855.jpg

100_2854.jpg

PRETTY eggs!! Good luck on your SECOND hatch! Nice color and size variety. How did your 1st hatch go? I'm on my third hatch ever. A neighbor called today and asked if I'd hatch six duck eggs (Rouen/mallard) for her, I said sure, I'll TRY!
big_smile.png
So this is going to be a whole new ball game. Good luck hatching vibes coming at ya!
fl.gif
Gonna go do some reading up on duck incubating now LOL...
caf.gif

my first hatch was a dud i had around 50% on chick eggs and 1 out of 3 on my duck eggs, so i hope this batch goes better, good luck on your eggs especially the ducks i will be looking forward to seeing you update your incubation period eathier on your own thread or on here good luck

Hey Bock_Bock! You replied while I was reading your post about your first hatch, I followed your link from your signature line. LOL Yep, I'll be posting an update at 7-10 days, after the first candling. I haven't even posted a new incubation post for them yet! So you know about them before anyone else!
wink.png
I'm still reading about misting and such....and taking notes (like school all over again)!
sickbyc.gif
I'll be reading your updates as well, again good luck!
thumbsup.gif

thanks so much i tried to keep as much of a record as i could and i am going to do it for this time to good luck when you candle i will be waiting to know answers

i dont have any pictures of them set as i rushed them in before i came to work i had to cut the holes in all the bottoms of the egg cartons for 38 eggs luckily they were styrafoam cartons so it was easier to cut and wont suck up moisture but are they safe and will the chicks try to eat them when they hatch, i will try to get pics tomorrow along with me new eggs thanks so much for following with me on my second try at incubating

ok here is pictures of the latest 12 i just set this morning, thanks to PQ a fellow BYCer im doing a test hatch for her all bantams here are her eggs, same eggs diffrent angle 1 dozen here added to make a total of 50 eggs in total
eddited to say that these 12 eggs are from Seramas are white, cochins and the DUclle are white & cream thanks so much
pqeggs2.jpg

pqeggs.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck BockBock!
You have some beautiful eggs there!
My second hatch is due on the 24th.
I feel like we are learning together since our first hatches were the same time, too.
Carolyn

yes yes we are and thank you, i was focusing this batch on bantams as you can see most my eggs are bantams, i might even have a batam blue egg layer as you can see one of the blue eggs is smaller then the others but we will see the last 12 i added are from PQ a user on here they could be D' Uccles i cant wait they are really nice looking, so how many and what breeds did you set?

Back
Top Bottom