My Chickens Eat Stinkbugs!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!

pixie546

Chirping
12 Years
Dec 16, 2010
Leonardtown, MD
To all who are being plagued by stinkbugs---- my chickens eat those buggers right up! The house is full of them this winter looking for a warm place to stay and we just stick them in a jar and give them to the chickens in the morning!! It's been great during the winter because there is little to eat out in pasture (they range all day) so instead of having to rely on feed and scratch I can give them bugs! All they can eat!!! And no, the eggs do not taste funny. It's been good for my silkie mama because she went broody in december and molted right after it broke, so I'm glad I could give her lots of protein to grow new feathers with.

I know it won't make a dent is the stinkbug population explosion but at least my house will have fewer stinkbugs come spring! So spread the word!!!! Chickens are the best pest control!! No need to spray or bring out heavy duty chemicals when we can easily collect the stink bugs and feed them to our sweet chickens! javascript:insert_text('
thumbsup.gif
',%20'');

No they are not poisonous at all! They have been eating them since September of last year and are doing just fine. They love them, and come running whenever they hear our sliding glass door squeal open. Its cute watching the roosters let the hens go first.

I was oh so thrilled when I learned that my ladies love to eat those stupid things! Who says they have no natural predators in the US??
big_smile.png

I say lets spread the word and let all of our friends know about this! People always act so surprised when I tell them-- I guess they just keep their chickens in and feed em corn.

Back
Top Bottom