It was at Hidden Villa, made me very sad, actually.
Gorgeous Golden Laced Wyandotte Rooster Need Rehoming (Bay Area California)! - Page 2
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickens
This is quite sad, actually since Nando died a few weeks ago. I gave him to a farm and someone stole him either for meat or cock fighting. I trusted them with my rooster and they sadly did not take very good care of him. It made me very sad, not only because he is either suffering or dead, but because they wouldn't tell me the truth behind what happened to him until I asked several times.
Nando was a great rooster and it makes me sick to think that he is dead. I used to be able to call his name and he would run over to me in, what appeared to be, happiness. I raised him from a baby and I hope he is in a better place.
I would like to know what farm this was too. Nando sounds Like a great rooster, and should have been taken care of properly. I have a few friends down there, and I will ask them about it. They will probably give the farm a piece of their mind. They all have chickens.
I think that it was most definitely an odd situation, but they are a high functioning farm so keeping track of that many birds is difficult. I certainly hope that Hidden Villa now understands that people actually care about the animals they donate. Nando was a great bird. I remember visiting him two times a week to give him worms and when it started to get colder, I would bring him and the others warm oatmeal.
It really does break my heart to see him gone.
1) They don't usually have problems with raccoons or hawks even
2) Nando was a pretty big boy, picking a fight with him would be stupid
3) There were much smaller, weaker hens that a raccoon or even a coyote would probably want to eat first
4) No "remains"
5) He was there all day and then the next morning he wasn't there anymore
6) Rooster stealing isn't unusual especially for a gorgeous cock like Nando
7) I hand raised him so he was always very friendly toward people. All the little kids would hold him and he would even fall asleep in my arms.