Gorgeous Golden Laced Wyandotte Rooster Need Rehoming (Bay Area California)!

lizsmall99

In the Brooder
Jul 28, 2015
Los Altos, Califonia
We bought sexed chicks from a store that 'guaranteed' that the one we picked was female. To my family's disappointment, one out of the two chicks was a roo, the Golden Laced Wyandotte. Nando, who is 3.5 months old today is a sweet rooster and I hand raised him myself. He, unlike most roosters, loves being held yet remains a powerful and protective boy.

I live in Los Altos, California and sadly cannot keep a rooster. We have three other hens at home and he loves keeping watch over them. I will not give Nando to someone who cannot promise me that he not will end up on the table. He is adaptable and if a hand raised rooster is not what you want, he can be a great father.
I have looked into several other places that take in roosters, but they all seem to have their fair share in horror stories.

We live in the California Bay Area and will drive Nando to you if you are truly interested.

If you don't want Nando, but know someone or someplace that wants a rooster, please, please send them my contact information.

[email protected]
650-283-4252

Also, if there are any ideas on other places that will take him please let me know!

Thank you so much! Pictures are coming soon!
love.gif

I will ask my in-laws, who live in the Santa Cruz mountains, since my mother in law used to keep rabbits years ago. She may be willing, but it's a long shot. At the very least, she may know somebody who wants him up near Bonny Doon or Boulder Creek area.

Hello, do you still have Nando?

Have you considered feed stores? There are a few of them in the Bay Area that take in roosters and rehome them. Half Moon Bay Feed and Fuel, for instance, regularly has roosters for sale for $10.00.

This is quite sad, actually since Nando died a few weeks ago. I gave him to a farm and someone stole him either for meat or cock fighting. I trusted them with my rooster and they sadly did not take very good care of him. It made me very sad, not only because he is either suffering or dead, but because they wouldn't tell me the truth behind what happened to him until I asked several times.

Nando was a great rooster and it makes me sick to think that he is dead. I used to be able to call his name and he would run over to me in, what appeared to be, happiness. I raised him from a baby and I hope he is in a better place.

Back
Top Bottom