Good friend hatched some chicks for me... as in chickens. Anyway, when I picked up said chickens he snuck a drake hatchling into the comfy transporter I had. No problem. I like ducks.
Anyway, could use some (hopefully) quick advice. I am confident I could get all this info by perusing the forums and learning center but won't have such time for the next few days (prepping for winter is a busy time) so I hope I'm not imposing too much.
Drake is currently hanging out with my chickens and particularly close to a blind lemon cuckoo Orpington rooster I have.
With all that said:
1) I can get another duck for company, I realize that a hen offers several perks that another drake does not but otherwise does it matter? Or is my duck seemingly happy with the chickens?
2) I have a lovely little pond, do I want to create a coop for the duck(s) there? Anything particular in regards to how their housing should be built similarly or differently from the chickens?
3) or can they be happily and comfortably housed with the chickens?
4) Should their access to the water be limited? Due to season? Or otherwise?
5) Now that you see that I am completely duck dumb (but enthusiastic) anything else that you feel I need to immediately address to avoid tragedy would be appreciated.
Oh, do the cool kids name their ducks?