5 Month Old Muscovy Duck with Ice Frozen to Feathers

Update: Cheese has been deployed! I put him in the coop and put the hanging feeder and some fresh water back in for them today. I don't think he was happy to leave the warmer house but he was excited to see his family :)
Him and his sister Burger kept wagging their tails and head bobbing meanwhile Pretty Girl and Dad were like eh okay he's back 🖤🤍❤️

Thank you all again and stay warm out there!!!!

Attachments

• PXL_20240116_140012479.jpg
    PXL_20240116_140012479.jpg
    746.3 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20240116_140056049.jpg
    PXL_20240116_140056049.jpg
    695 KB · Views: 2
I feel your pain! Our Muscovies have been out during this southern deep freeze. Pond is frozen but they refuse to get in the coop, on the porches on the house or in the garage.
They’ve been perched on the fence, literally about 2 feet away from their coop. 🤷‍♀️

Sometimes I'm not sure if muscovies even know how dangerous the cold is hahaha! The girls like to perch on the balcony and deck rail when they refuse to go to bed, it takes a lotta persistence to get em to finally go into the coop

Boy I sure know that one. When I first started with Muscovy I had 3 females that would refuse to go into their coop and would get up on the steep bank behind our home where I could not get to them Finally I figured out if I blocked this off and put food where they had to walk into a smaller area I could get them into the coop. I finally convinced them and they started going in on their own then they taught their babies and so on now almost 20 yrs later they have all learned from their mamas to go in. Except I had 2 from a hatch that thought roosting on top of their coop was best but I blasted them down with the hose[in summer]. lol
Here we have great horned owls which would love to eat Muscovy.

Back
Top Bottom