Muscovy ducks shivering in cold

Duckies are back in their coop (It's in the 30s-40s°F) and the heater comes tomorrow! @Miss Lydia How high should I hang it? I got the side mount model and I'll be mounting on angled blocks to point it downward.

Mine is coming tomorrow too. I can't remember was it 6" off the floor? it will say with the instructions. I got the side mount too. I won't be using it though unless we get that ridiculously frigid temps like last week.

Mine is coming tomorrow too. I can't remember was it 6" off the floor? it will say with the instructions. I got the side mount too. I won't be using it though unless we get that ridiculously frigid temps like last week.
Okay, I wasn't sure if there were more instructions that come with it. My ducks are apparently wimpy :p so I'll be turning it on when it gets below freezing.

I may breakdown if it gets below 20 but see problem is if we get them used to the warmth and lose power Happened here and we were without power for close to a week. We did buy a generator after that experience though

I may breakdown if it gets below 20 but see problem is if we get them used to the warmth and lose power Happened here and we were without power for close to a week. We did buy a generator after that experience though
That is true. I didn't want to get a heater in the first place because I wanted them to get used to the cold, but I couldn't watch them sitting around doing nothing but shivering. We have a generator. We have reptiles that need heat too.

I was wondering if mounting it higher would be better as they wouldn't get as warm. They seem to do fine when it's in the 30s.
I like the way the one on their web page is set up I don't know how high off the floor it is I bet if you contacted them they would be happy to help. I forgot to put my 10.00 off code in and contacted them the next day and they went ahead a refunded me the 10 very nice folks to work with. Let me kn ow what they say.
https://www.sweeterheater.com/side-mount-model it says 6-20" above the ones your wanting to warm

I like the way the one on their web page is set up I don't know how high off the floor it is I bet if you contacted them they would be happy to help. I forgot to put my 10.00 off code in and contacted them the next day and they went ahead a refunded me the 10 very nice folks to work with. Let me kn ow what they say.
https://www.sweeterheater.com/side-mount-model it says 6-20" above the ones your wanting to warm
That's a good idea. They do have great customer service and they're super quick to respond.

Back
Top Bottom