Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:36 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 6:22 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 320
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #3192 of 15763111/21/15 at 11:20amQuote:Originally Posted by Brat Flock
The eggs were shipped from Arkansas on Wednesday and arrived Friday morning. I unwrapped them and set them in an egg tray on the counter in my incubating room. Room temp is 73 and 30% humidity or so (in the basement with chicks under warming lights). I put them in my new (pre warmed) Brinsea set at 100 and 35% humidity. They were in for an hour and a half. Oozing is clear. They all 3 have detached air cells as I just candled them...
Sorry, but I'd take them out... all they will do now is let bacteria in and turn into a stinker bomb... and if the oozing continues they will glue down in your turner and then you have a stuck ticking time bomb... best to not risk the rest of the eggs...Frawg MuseFrawg Musepost #3193 of 15763111/21/15 at 11:21ampost #3194 of 15763111/21/15 at 11:25ampost #3195 of 15763111/21/15 at 11:26ampost #3196 of 15763111/21/15 at 11:26ampost #3197 of 15763111/21/15 at 11:27ampost #3198 of 15763111/21/15 at 11:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Brat Flock
They were free replacement eggs (7) for a dozen that I purchased for $200 but the breeder did not put hold at PO on the box or my number. When I got the first dozen left on my porch, one was crushed and one was cracked, none hatched. She sent these 7 to make up for them but two were really dirty and by the size of the air cells they appeared to be older than I would like. I will chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned. I have removed them and when I candled them they all three had detached air cells so they had little hope at hatching anyway.
What kind of eggs are they??Frawg MuseFrawg Musepost #3199 of 15763111/21/15 at 11:38amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Lamancha
Wow, I miss a couple days and I'm behind 700 posts:barnie
I'm no quitter though so I just spent 2 hours catching up. Just picked up 14 little Swedish Flower Hen babies at the post office this morning from GFF. (Bad moment of weakness. I had never even heard of them, long story...) hahaha
Good luck to everyone who is in lockdown!Quote:
that is wacky did you figure this out? you have pictures? @CrazyChickLady7Quote:
I just picked up on this bahhahhahhahhahhhaaaaa
DO we have updates?Quote:Originally Posted by karenerwin
I had 1 pip this morning when I left for work at 6:30. When I got home at 7PM I had 1 hatched chick and another that was zipping. She hatched about 15 minutes later. So far that is 1 blue egg & 1 green egg. Several more have a lot of movement. Today is day 20 for them.
updates>?Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by BG2heum
WOO HOO! Friday night midnight; one egg has a small chip in it! I feel like a new mother...lol. Don't know what to do except 'LEAVE THEM ALONE!!' I removed a few duds last week. today is day 22 and I heard heartbeat in only 3 on day 18, So if I do it right, they hatch and I let them alone for 24 hrs? . my humidity is 58 and temp is 100. Anything I need to know or do right now? 2hrs later... PS AND NOW I hear it chirping!! hole still small, and the whole egg 'reacts' to the flashlight...so cool. juss lettin' it be.
any updates>>????? @BG2heumQuote:Originally Posted by Flockmama87
@Sally Sunshine. Yes ma'am I'm keeping him, he's gotta a pretty sad puppy story and I've fallen in love with his drooling face lol poor guy was starved, locked in a garage for 2 years, fed just enough to keep him alive.....skin and bones when we got to him.....drove about 1000 miles round trip to pick him up.....and thank you for the prayers, hoping someone hatches but I guess we'll see....shipped eggs, a few bumps along the road, guess we'll see if someone will come play lol
awwwwww I am reading this again, that is a LOT LOT LOT of miles!!!!!! I think you will get babies!!Quote:
nope???? you need to catch that on viedeo!!
wax on wax offQuote:
all I know is bad eggs, a porous spot idkQuote:Originally Posted by ambe0487
Holy moly Sally! Sounds like you had a wild night! Hope you find your mobile soon if you haven't Already! I spent 6
Hours plowing 6-8 inches of snow last night so I'm wayyyy behind on here!
Looks like we are having some new babies today so GOOD LUCK parents of little fluffy butts!!!!
nope just trying to calm my nerves actuallypost #3200 of 15763111/21/15 at 11:39am
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 28 seconds ago
- › Rooster can't walk 32 seconds ago
- › International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP 50 seconds ago
- › Purchased chickens with Upper respiratory Infection?! 53 seconds ago
- › Breed Identification please? 1 minute ago
- › Bisquick, Buttermilk, Snap, and Junior's Chicken Chat Thread!... 2 minutes ago
- › Bantam Ducks - Where can I get them? 2 minutes ago
- › The Wyandotte Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? 4 minutes ago
- › What treat did your chickies get today? 5 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale