Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:11 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 9:05 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 7249post #72482 of 1576313/20/16 at 6:13pm
He is a rescue mutt lol his name is Diesel and he is a love bug but definitely a hunter! I THOUGHT I had the chicks in a safe location, that meanie! Lol I am so worried about my chick, I guess the next week will tell?post #72483 of 1576313/20/16 at 6:17pmCan someone find where sombody was talking about using strawberry containers to put the eggs in at lockdown to keep different breeds seperate? Pretty sure it was this thread.....
-Bantipost #72484 of 1576313/20/16 at 6:21pmQuote:
I didn't see the post, but I do use them.
Just line with paper towel AND make lots more holes/make holes bigger (careful not to leave sharp edges though) so that there is plenty of ventilation.Carpe DiemCarpe Diempost #72485 of 1576313/20/16 at 6:22pmQuote:
Thanks!post #72486 of 1576313/20/16 at 6:24pmQuote:
Not sure if anyone's talked about it on this thread, but I remember a bit on the EHAL thread...Caretaker of 2 dogs, a cat and way too many chickens: Orpingtons, Silkies, Sizzles, Cuckoo Marans, Barred Rocks, Easter Eggers, Rhode Island Reds, Naked Necks, Black Jersey Giants, Leghorns, Red & Black Sex Links.Caretaker of 2 dogs, a cat and way too many chickens: Orpingtons, Silkies, Sizzles, Cuckoo Marans, Barred Rocks, Easter Eggers, Rhode Island Reds, Naked Necks, Black Jersey Giants, Leghorns, Red & Black Sex Links.post #72487 of 1576313/20/16 at 6:26pmQuote:
I think the chick will do fine. Once while while I was at work my hens picked on or fought one hen really bad. The skin on her neck was torn as bad as what your monster cat did.
I used peroxide for first treatment and some topical stuff that my father in law used to use for his wounds. It was green/orange in color don't really remember what though. In a week she was better and the only thing different about her was the extra skin with feathers hanging from it. Chickens are tough.post #72488 of 1576313/20/16 at 6:27pmpost #72489 of 1576313/20/16 at 6:28pmThread StarterQuote:
then give her those eggs??? i dont understand explainQuote:
TIPS KEEP CHICKS SEPARATE IN THE HATCHER post #44668
not sure its in there?post #72490 of 1576313/20/16 at 6:32pmQuote:what do u mean then give her those eggs.Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
then give her those eggs??? i dont understand explain
TIPS KEEP CHICKS SEPARATE IN THE HATCHER post #44668
not sure its in there?
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
Currently, there are 1841 Active Users (203 Members and 1638 Guests)
- › Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So! 16 seconds ago
- › mean chickens 45 seconds ago
- › CHICKEN / FOWL NAMES! To Name or Not to Name? Do You Name Yours? ... 1 minute ago
- › Chicken Attacked By Owl!!!!!!! 1 minute ago
- › New York BYC members thread 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 2 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 2 minutes ago
- › Show me your coolest edited Poultry pics!... 2 minutes ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 4 minutes ago
- › California - Northern 5 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.