Lots of ventilation for the summer. The front is now also covered in fence pickets and incorporates a human door. I'll add a pop door after I get some sections of run built.
I may try to put some sort of poop board in if I find that the Silkies are bedding down under the roost and getting messy. This coop will eventually hold the Silkies, Cochins, d'Uccles, and Polish. Right now it has the chicks that I feel are too little to free range.
The metal overhang is def temporary. It was what I had on hand when I realized that there really needed to be something there before it rained. We've had several rainstorms since I finished (in the dark...which is why no pic yet) and everything has stayed dry. The chicks are definitely enjoying the extra space, both in this coop and the bigger ones left behind in the dog kennel, so it was a good "side" project.