BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade › Chicken Hatching Eggs › GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For Sale: GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes - Page 863

post #8621 of 10481
BROODY WANTS EGGGGGSS!! gig.gif
Swedish ducks, golden comets, large fowl lavender orpingtons, bantam english chocolate orpingtons, bantam cochins, OEGBs, Seramas, and Call Ducks!
Reply
Swedish ducks, golden comets, large fowl lavender orpingtons, bantam english chocolate orpingtons, bantam cochins, OEGBs, Seramas, and Call Ducks!
Reply
post #8622 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVduckchick View Post

BROODY WANTS EGGGGGSS!! gig.gif

This is officially the first time I have been concerned about bodily harm done to me while reaching for eggs!! gig.gif
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
post #8623 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavynFallen View Post

This is officially the first time I have been concerned about bodily harm done to me while reaching for eggs!! gig.gif

They do have the serious back off look.

One of the two roosters I was debating on keeping tried a small attack on me tonight. He has till Saturday.
post #8624 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensmaster View Post

They do have the serious back off look.

One of the two roosters I was debating on keeping tried a small attack on me tonight. He has till Saturday.

The sound she made was the icing... I never knew a chicken could sound like a ticked off tiger!

My boy is the sweetest ever, even with chicks... his hatchmate got a bit hinky once, a round in solitary cures that quick...
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
post #8625 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavynFallen View Post

The sound she made was the icing... I never knew a chicken could sound like a ticked off tiger!

My boy is the sweetest ever, even with chicks... his hatchmate got a bit hinky once, a round in solitary cures that quick...

I've a real gem of roo also. Good sized and gentle, he's my project bird nothing special however this was his second year and I'm looking for a replacement. I was going to introduce this line into the project but truefully they are not as good in size. Was just thinking the other day they were going to go. This just sealed the deal. I'll be hatching some of the better rooster and work from there.
post #8626 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensmaster View Post

I've a real gem of roo also. Good sized and gentle, he's my project bird nothing special however this was his second year and I'm looking for a replacement. I was going to introduce this line into the project but truefully they are not as good in size. Was just thinking the other day they were going to go. This just sealed the deal. I'll be hatching some of the better rooster and work from there.

In my hook, the temperament is just as if not more important than the type... I've booted a beautiful breeder before and won't hesitate to do it again... it makes such a huge difference in the rest of the birds too... any upstarts get one chance to straighten out, then it's the axe...
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
post #8627 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavynFallen View Post

In my hook, the temperament is just as if not more important than the type... I've booted a beautiful breeder before and won't hesitate to do it again... it makes such a huge difference in the rest of the birds too... any upstarts get one chance to straighten out, then it's the axe...

Agree I'll be watching this guy better tomorrow. I was leaving the coop when he tried his stunt I always keep one eye behind and was sort of ready. More of a surprise as he's never tried anything before. But he's coming of age and all bets off now. A couple of the hens in with him are of good size so they may go in with project. Not sure on them yet. Several have started to lay I'm liking that. They were hatched 6-2

With my other roo I can walk in amongst them with out much worry.
post #8628 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by generaldsherman View Post

Got 3 CJ chick survivors from my hatch. Had 7 hatch, and lost 3 within 1 day. The 4th held on for a week, but no eating, drinking or growing. Passed this morning in my hand, poor dear. The 3 are looking good, though. Maybe fortune will favor and I will have a trio? (Knock on wood)

Aww, so sorry you lost them sad.png I how you get a trio, it's what I'm hoping for too. All 3 of mine are feathering in very quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavynFallen View Post

@cjwaldon

Look what I came home to! gig.gif







Got eggs??? lau.gif


Lol, that's hilarious! They look determined smile.png
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
post #8629 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensmaster View Post

Agree I'll be watching this guy better tomorrow. I was leaving the coop when he tried his stunt I always keep one eye behind and was sort of ready. More of a surprise as he's never tried anything before. But he's coming of age and all bets off now. A couple of the hens in with him are of good size so they may go in with project. Not sure on them yet. Several have started to lay I'm liking that. They were hatched 6-2

With my other roo I can walk in amongst them with out much worry.

Got some older hens? Toss the hormonal boy in with them, they'll teach him manners... that's my fave way of dealing with teenage boys, lol...
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
post #8630 of 10481
Thread Starter 

LOL.  Mine are all huff and puff but nothing to worry about.  Nary a peck either.  I finally set up the broody buster Saturday.  Three got the idea already and are back in the flock.  But the one that's been broody the longest, who needs to give it up the most and get some weight back on her before winter, that one just will not budge.  If I can't break her soon I'm going to lose her.

 

 

My young exchequer Leghorn cockerels are being real big jerks right now.  Teenage testosterone is raging!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chicken Hatching Eggs
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade › Chicken Hatching Eggs › GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes