Any thoughts on these 3 birds? My first hatch out of my two CL. I know one female with good markings... The other two have me questioning
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- To Make An Olive Egger......Legbar????? Last post on 7/5/16 at 2:47pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Breeding Hambars/Hampbars Last post on 4/29/16 at 1:29pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection - Page 355
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #3542 of 35755/13/16 at 5:39amQuote:
Congrats! cute chicks -- and you have a variety of down colors. I would say center chick is male. the other two female.
BYC blog of sorts http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/jottings-ii
"Was dich nicht umwirft, macht dich starker" "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."-Friedrich Nietzsche
BYC blog of sorts http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/jottings-ii
"Was dich nicht umwirft, macht dich starker" "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."-Friedrich Nietzschepost #3543 of 35755/13/16 at 6:15amQuote:
Would you suggest not breeding female on right due to poor markings? And same on male in middle? Im new and it was easy to spot female on right but other two were ...????.... I want strong marking in this blood line (being color blind it helps!!!!)post #3544 of 35755/13/16 at 7:28ampost #3545 of 35755/13/16 at 5:25pmpost #3546 of 35755/13/16 at 5:32pmpost #3547 of 35755/13/16 at 5:32pmpost #3548 of 35755/14/16 at 5:48pmMy one femal CL is gasping for air with every heart beat.... Dosent want to walk and its abdomen feels tighter possibly bloated more than the other 32 chicks i have right now. Laying down and refuses to walk. 4 days old.... What to do. None of the other chickens are havkng any problems. So shouldbt be heat l, food, water or brooder bedding.... Could she be backed up with poop? Should i just leave her alone instead of compounding problems?post #3549 of 35755/14/16 at 7:22pmYou might want to separate her. The first week can be the hardest and most vulnerable time for them, and many weak chicks don't make it. If you can make a quiet spot in the brooder where she can hear and possibly see the others so she can rest, that can help. Apple cider vinegar, unfiltered with mother, like Bragg's, can help certain digestive issues. I have good luck with electrolytes/sugar water in weak chicks. If she drinks that is great, making them drink can also make them drown if you aren't careful. Nutri-drench is good stuff too for deficiencies. Some people get liquid baby vitamins too. You can try massage, but such a little one is hard to save if it's blocked up on the inside. I hope she makes it, but swollen abdomen can mean stopped up, or bleeding internally, or swelling due to infection, or any other hard to fix things. A vet may be best able to help her.post #3550 of 35755/14/16 at 8:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by kris86AR
My one femal CL is gasping for air with every heart beat.... Dosent want to walk and its abdomen feels tighter possibly bloated more than the other 32 chicks i have right now. Laying down and refuses to walk. 4 days old.... What to do. None of the other chickens are havkng any problems. So shouldbt be heat l, food, water or brooder bedding.... Could she be backed up with poop? Should i just leave her alone instead of compounding problems?
Does she have pasty butt? If so wash her gently in warm water. Try dipping beak in the water. I would separate her if they're all in one brooder. I had a shipped chick who looked dead upon arrival but I separated and nursed back. She perked up and looked better so I put her back with the others and took a nap. When I awoke she was dead.New Hen: buff orpington, golden sex link, australorp, light brahma, black copper marans, silkie, exchequer leghorns, ameracaunas and blue marans, crested cream legbars, golden cuckoo marinesNew Hen: buff orpington, golden sex link, australorp, light brahma, black copper marans, silkie, exchequer leghorns, ameracaunas and blue marans, crested cream legbars, golden cuckoo marinesReturn Home
- Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection
- Farm Daze
- › Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!! 37 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 52 seconds ago
- › What did you do in the garden today? 1 minute ago
- › First Duck hatch: Day 29 1 minute ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 1 minute ago
- › Faverolles Thread 1 minute ago
- › The last letter Game 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 2 minutes ago
- › Baby duck not doing well 2 minutes ago
- › Integrating a cockerel into a flock of mature hens 2 minutes ago
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.