Advantages of Yak Meat (compared to beef)
- Yak meat has more protein.
- Yak meat contains only 3% to 5% fat compared to 7% to 15% for beef.
- Yak meat is 35% higher in fats that are good for us: omega 3 oils, conjugated linoleic acids, oleic acids, and stearic acids.
- Yak meat has 30% less palmitic acid (a fat that is bad for us) compared to beef.
- Pound for pound, yak meat is lower in calories than beef, bison, elk, or chicken!
- Yak meat is mild and tender. It looks and tastes like beef . . . but is a much healthier choice.
How cool is that tastes like beef and better for you then chicken.