Originally Posted by campingshaws
I added the last two eggs from the bator and checked on the biele with the bloody pip. It's alive. I peeled some of the dry membrane, but I'm going to have to keep watching it.
No rest for the weary.
Sure hope you have better luck hatching Biele's than I did this past week. Never added water to my bator, but still couldn't get my Biele's to lose enough weight. Chicks got even bigger than they already are. Half of them that pipped & zipped more than half way died mid zip. And the other half never made a pip. I caught 2 mid zip & saved them from demise. Of course they are roosters. I'm so glad that I purchased a trio of chicks at the same time I purchased the eggs. Next time I can get my hands on some I'm going to try lightly sanding the upper part of the egg to see if it helps them lose more weight. I've struggled with my Swedish Flower eggs losing enough as well. I have enough humidity in the house that I have not had to add water to my bators. If I have, I fight trying to get the eggs to lose enough. Still super sad about the Biele eggs. Expensive venture to not end up with chicks 😢