~«Survival By War»~ (Warrior cat rp)

Once they had carefully laid Doveheart down, Ivypaw began to dig alongside Flamepaw. She threw all of her anger into her paws- her rage at being blind for too long, her hatred for the monster that ruled them all, her resentment for not having appreciated this great cat before it was too late, and her vexation for not being able to change any of it.
The dirt that she was wildly upheaving flew up into her face, lodging in her eyes and sending tears streaming. Her breaths became sputtering gasps that dragged more dust into her lungs than air, but still she dug on.
Dirt flung into Flamepaw's eyes, clinging to his thick pelt, clumping on his paws as he worked quickly beside Ivypaw.
Not pausing to tell her to slow down, only flattening his ears to his skull, digging more viciously than before. She's just as angry as I am. I can't blame her for that...
His claws were caked with dirt when he finally pulled away, chest heaving. Glancing at Ivypaw, he nodded. "It's deep enough now, Ivypaw."

\
Dirt flung into Flamepaw's eyes, clinging to his thick pelt, clumping on his paws as he worked quickly beside Ivypaw.
Not pausing to tell her to slow down, only flattening his ears to his skull, digging more viciously than before. She's just as angry as I am. I can't blame her for that...
His claws were caked with dirt when he finally pulled away, chest heaving. Glancing at Ivypaw, he nodded. "It's deep enough now, Ivypaw."
Ivypaw let her breath out in a long hiss and stepped back. She pressed a paw to her face to wipe the majority of the grime away before moving to Doveheart's flank and waiting for Flame and Frost to help her in moving their sister to her final nest.

\
Ivypaw let her breath out in a long hiss and stepped back. She pressed a paw to her face to wipe the majority of the grime away before moving to Doveheart's flank and waiting for Flame and Frost to help her in moving their sister to her final nest.
Frostpaw lifted Doveheart with Ivypaw's help, moving to the hole, and leaning down to let the body gently fall into place amongst the dirt.
Flamepaw stood beside her, staring at the small cat curled in the dirt, as if she were sleeping if it weren't for the indefinite amount of wounds.
She inhaled shakily, lowering her head slightly to look at her paws. "May StarClan light your path, Doveheart, as you walk the skies to find them," she whispered. "May you find good hunting, swift running, and shelter where you sleep."

(The Tribe of Burning Fire)

The cave was frantic. The orange-brown pelt of the young Healer was visible, though she was swarmed by many cats, slowly her patience slipping away with each question that bombarded her. What's going to happen now? What about Wish's kit? What if Rainstar comes back?
But in the midst of the discord in the tunnels was a small gray she-cat, translucent and invisible to the cats around her. No stars flecked her gray pelt, no light filling her green eyes.
Doveheart stared at the chaos around her, her fluffy tail curled around her paws. She had been left behind.
She had tried to follow her brother, tried to follow Ivypaw, out of the cave, calling their names. Yet neither heeded nor heard her call, her voice falling on deaf ears. The little she-cat knew she no longer had a beating heart, knew she no longer could draw air into her lungs. She knew she had been killed by a fatal blow by Rainstar, her own leader. So why, she asked herself, was she still walking on the plane of the living? Why did her paws still touched the ground of those who had beating hearts, instead of running amongst the stars, watching her siblings and remaining Clanmates below her, making sure they were alright?
Why couldn't she escape the tunnels?
She paced, her fluffy tail lashing violently. She sat back, flinging her head back and letting out a wail of despair that fell on no ears. No one even batted an ear at the noise. Like the little cat didn't even exist.
Doveheart stared at her paws, tears falling onto the earth between them, sinking into the dirt and vanishing. If I can't be alive, then why must I be trapped here? I don't want to be...I don't want to stay in this cave with cats I don't know. They cannot even see me.
She fell to the earth, burying her muzzle inside her paws. StarClan, save me.

Frostpaw lifted Doveheart with Ivypaw's help, moving to the hole, and leaning down to let the body gently fall into place amongst the dirt.
Flamepaw stood beside her, staring at the small cat curled in the dirt, as if she were sleeping if it weren't for the indefinite amount of wounds.
She inhaled shakily, lowering her head slightly to look at her paws. "May StarClan light your path, Doveheart, as you walk the skies to find them," she whispered. "May you find good hunting, swift running, and shelter where you sleep."
(well this is downright ironic now)
Rather than giving her message to an inanimate corpse, Ivypaw titled her muzzle upward and peered past the reaches of trees up into the dawning sky. She encircled her focus around a singular, stubborn star that was fighting valiantly against the takeover of day.
"I regret not knowing you when I could," she mewed simply. The words were incorrupt enough, and so was her starting tone, but then it rapidly darkened. "But now I'll never forget you."

(well this is downright ironic now)
Rather than giving her message to an inanimate corpse, Ivypaw titled her muzzle upward and peered past the reaches of trees up into the dawning sky. She encircled her focus around a singular, stubborn star that was fighting valiantly against the takeover of day.
"I regret not knowing you when I could," she mewed simply. The words were incorrupt enough, and so was her starting tone, but then it rapidly darkened. "But now I'll never forget you."
(hehe)

Flamepaw didn't say anything. Not a single word to send off his beloved sister. His face was absolutely stoic, his gaze merely staring into the hole where Doveheart lay, nothing about him betraying a single clue to what he felt or was thinking.
It'll be okay, Doveheart. I won't let Rainstar get away with what she did.
Silently, he pushed the dirt back into the hole, watching as the first clumps fell and hit Doveheart's pelt. Without pausing, he kept pushing and kicking the dirt until it was filled back up, and then he stepped back, panting.
She'll pay. I swear it.

Minnowflash had swam through the river on her way to Warming Shores, and her thick, silvery fur gleamed with moisture. She slipped through the reeds and came into view of the shore, padding up and laying down with a sigh on the sun-heated stones.

(hehe)

Flamepaw didn't say anything. Not a single word to send off his beloved sister. His face was absolutely stoic, his gaze merely staring into the hole where Doveheart lay, nothing about him betraying a single clue to what he felt or was thinking.
It'll be okay, Doveheart. I won't let Rainstar get away with what she did.
Silently, he pushed the dirt back into the hole, watching as the first clumps fell and hit Doveheart's pelt. Without pausing, he kept pushing and kicking the dirt until it was filled back up, and then he stepped back, panting.
She'll pay. I swear it.
Suddenly, Ivypaw couldn't be out here, sitting idle, a single moment longer.
She had to go back.
There. The place where they lived their lives.
Not home. It could never be home again.

She had to be watching.
Watching her.

"Go." Her movements were remarkably encumbered, yet jarringly erratic.
Like she had no idea what she was doing, but had dangerous motivation that needed to be spent. "I have to go." Her head was down, but she was trying to go forward. "We..."

Suddenly, Ivypaw couldn't be out here, sitting idle, a single moment longer.
She had to go back.
There. The place where they lived their lives.
Not home. It could never be home again.

She had to be watching.
Watching her.

"Go." Her movements were remarkably encumbered, yet jarringly erratic.
Like she had no idea what she was doing, but had dangerous motivation that needed to be spent. "I have to go." Her head was down, but she was trying to go forward. "We..."
NO
YOU DIDNT JUST—
WHY
S A R A H

Back
Top Bottom