~«Survival By War»~ (Warrior cat rp)

As they walked, Ivypaw kept shifting so that the brunt of Doveheart's weight was on her shoulders, not Frostpaw's.
Her thoughts were dangerous. If she were to acknowledge Frostpaw's uncertain query, her response would be jarring.
Frostpaw was silent for the rest of the journey, her pawsteps slow and cautious. She could see Flamepaw's orange pelt turn sharply to the right, continuing for a short while until they came to a small clearing where the cedar branches hung low, morning light streaming through the branches.
This was the place. She could still see the scuff marks she and Doveheart had made two dawns ago, when the gray she-cat had forced her from her den for fun.
Silently, she let Dovepaw slid off of her and Ivypaw's shoulders, silently as she gently laid the body down, the only noise was the song of birds, and the sound of Flamepaw digging a hole.

Hazelpaw abandoned her vigil alongside the cooling rabbit corpses and scrambled down the hill. She made her way into the thicket and gave both Star and Palepaw impatient nudges with her shoulder. Then she booped each kit's nose with her own. "Up, up, up!"
"I am! Shove off," Palepaw grinned at her and the kits' antics. "How close are we again?"

Hazelpaw abandoned her vigil alongside the cooling rabbit corpses and scrambled down the hill. She made her way into the thicket and gave both Star and Palepaw impatient nudges with her shoulder. Then she booped each kit's nose with her own. "Up, up, up!"
"I am! Shove off," Palepaw grinned at her and the kits' antics. "How close are we again?"
Crowpaw picked his rabbit up, trotting over to the makeshift den, dropping it beside the den. "Morning, Star! Morning, Palepaw!" He meowed.
"Hi, kits," he purred when he saw three pairs of little eyes, and looked over at Palepaw's question. "I'd say maybe a day if we didn't have the kits, but with them...most likely it'll take us two more days. Hopefully we'll be in time for the Gathering..."

(WaterfallClan)

Hawkclaw loitered at the edge of camp. Once he'd individually congratulated each of the new warriors, he really didn't know what to do with himself during this jubilee.
His gaze wandered across camp, taking in the amicable clumps that his Clanmates had separated into. But Hawkclaw wasn't surrounded by a single cat.
The sense of belonging just wasn't there for him.
True, he was overanalyzing this lack of fellowship, but he could definitely attribute this lost feeling to a few vital cats missing from his life.
Crowpaw.
Had that accursed prophecy said anything about a return time? Great StarClan, if Crowpaw were here, he'd be getting his warrior name by now. Robbing the young tom of this vital period with his Clan wasn't right. Further, Hawkclaw had no problem admitting to himself that he probably needed his apprentice more than his apprentice needed him. They'd fought and butted heads just as much as the next mentor and apprentice, but what was different is that they had completely understood each other. Especially with loving medicine cats.
Ashstripe.
Had he even said one word to her since they'd been found out? That was pathetic. As best friends, their bond was the only thing that had been constant every single freaking day of their lives. And then I had to go and ruin her life.
Hawkclaw growled out his self-loathing. He had to do something about this.
Once his blurring eyes singled out Willowstar, he didn't waste time in shouldering his way to her side. Even though she didn't seem to be in the midst of conversation, he stood silently beside her for a long moment before clearing his throat. "Should I check in on the kits?" he ventured quietly. "Or would Grayfur rather stay undisturbed for now?"

Last edited:

Crowpaw picked his rabbit up, trotting over to the makeshift den, dropping it beside the den. "Morning, Star! Morning, Palepaw!" He meowed.
"Hi, kits," he purred when he saw three pairs of little eyes, and looked over at Palepaw's question. "I'd say maybe a day if we didn't have the kits, but with them...most likely it'll take us two more days. Hopefully we'll be in time for the Gathering..."
"Another Gathering!" Hazelpaw burst out. "And the last one..." She trailed off, her gaze growing distant as she reminisced over their sendoff.
"Oh, man, do you guys remember that idiot Shadepaw when he got up to outright fight Sunstar on me going?"

"Another Gathering!" Hazelpaw burst out. "And the last one..." She trailed off, her gaze growing distant as she reminisced over their sendoff.
"Oh, man, do you guys remember that idiot Shadepaw when he got up to outright fight Sunstar on me going?"
"Oh, StarClan, I remember that...thought Sunstar might claw his ears off. I can't believe Shadepaw had the guts to even do that!" Crowpaw meowed, purring softly as one of the kits started playing with his tail. His gaze drifted to the entrance of the den, flicking his tail for the kit absentmindedly. What's Nettlepaw doing right now? Hawkclaw? Ashstripe? Sagepaw? Nettlepaw might have her medicine cat name by now...

"Oh, StarClan, I remember that...thought Sunstar might claw his ears off. I can't believe Shadepaw had the guts to even do that!" Crowpaw meowed, purring softly as one of the kits started playing with his tail. His gaze drifted to the entrance of the den, flicking his tail for the kit absentmindedly. What's Nettlepaw doing right now? Hawkclaw? Ashstripe? Sagepaw? Nettlepaw might have her medicine cat name by now...
"And he usually didn't give a whisker about me," Hazelpaw continued, whiskers twitching. "I honestly wonder what that was about. I mean, it's not like he had a crush on me or something weird like that." She made a disgruntled face. "At least I hope not.

"And he usually didn't give a whisker about me," Hazelpaw continued, whiskers twitching. "I honestly wonder what that was about. I mean, it's not like he had a crush on me or something weird like that." She made a disgruntled face. "At least I hope not.
Crowpaw gave a soft purr at the face she made, shaken from his thoughts by her voice. "Odd," he muttered, though to occupied by the kit biting his tail to come up with a better response. He grabbed the kit by the scruff, setting her down in front of him. "I'd prefer to keep my tail, thanks though. Why don't you get Hazelpaw instead? I'm sure she'd just love to play."

Frostpaw was silent for the rest of the journey, her pawsteps slow and cautious. She could see Flamepaw's orange pelt turn sharply to the right, continuing for a short while until they came to a small clearing where the cedar branches hung low, morning light streaming through the branches.
This was the place. She could still see the scuff marks she and Doveheart had made two dawns ago, when the gray she-cat had forced her from her den for fun.
Silently, she let Dovepaw slid off of her and Ivypaw's shoulders, silently as she gently laid the body down, the only noise was the song of birds, and the sound of Flamepaw digging a hole.
Once they had carefully laid Doveheart down, Ivypaw began to dig alongside Flamepaw. She threw all of her anger into her paws- her rage at being blind for too long, her hatred for the monster that ruled them all, her resentment for not having appreciated this great cat before it was too late, and her vexation for not being able to change any of it.
The dirt that she was wildly upheaving flew up into her face, lodging in her eyes and sending tears streaming. Her breaths became sputtering gasps that dragged more dust into her lungs than air, but still she dug on.

Back
Top Bottom