~«Survival By War»~ (Warrior cat rp)

Frostpaw hurried through the crowd of cats, her jaws filled with several different herbs, her paws moving at lightning speed. She nearly ran head first into Ivypaw as the she-cat approached her, and stopped dead. "Ivypaw, unless you need something, Gorsefur—" She shut up the moment she heard what she wanted. "Oh..." She murmured in realization. "O-okay... I have to give Gorsefur and Riverpool these herbs, and...I'll be there." Hurrying away, ahead down, she quickly gave a Riverpool and Gorsefur the herbs for them to ration out, telling them she'd be back as soon as her could.
She quickly trotted back to Ivypaw, her blue eyes dark. "Let's go, then..."
"Do you want to bring them along?" Ivypaw queried quietly, lowering her head and her voice. "Or is it best...just us?"
Ivypaw discreetly looked at the pair around her shoulder. Apart from minor injuries, she realized with a start how they didn't seem overly distressed for the parents of a fallen apprentice. "Do they even...did they..." She faltered, uncertain of too much. Is this even right? Is any of this right? Should I even be here?

"Do you want to bring them along?" Ivypaw queried quietly, lowering her head and her voice. "Or is it best...just us?"
Ivypaw discreetly looked at the pair around her shoulder. Apart from minor injuries, she realized with a start how they didn't seem overly distressed for the parents of a fallen apprentice. "Do they even...did they..." She faltered, uncertain of too much. Is this even right? Is any of this right? Should I even be here?
"I don't know, Ivypaw, I don't know," Frostpaw hissed, her throat tight with guilt. "I don't know if they know that she died. I couldn't say anything, I couldn't...I couldn't bring myself to do it. I know it's so, so selfish and so wrong, but I can't...I couldn't..."
The she-cat drew off, lowering her head, ears flat with shame. She stopped in her tracks, staring at her paws. Her gaze flickered up to Ivypaw. "I should tell them, shouldn't I? It's wrong not to..."

"I wonder what a bird or a squirrel tastes like," Brokenwing mewed, stripping the crab leg free of meat. "It'd be cool to try sometime, but even on the moor there never is any. The only land animals we have are water voles, and rabbits on the border with the Tribe, but that's kind of rare even then."

~

Ravenpaw rolled onto her back beside Canopypaw, nodding. "Yeah! It's nice to not hear patrols everyday coming back and arguing over who should have this place." She rolled side to side, working out a knot in her muscles with the rocks. "Poor, poor Wingpaw. He probably will be jealous of us. We'll have to come out here with him sometime, when Nightflower isn't dragging him on patrol."

Lostpaw tilted his head for a moment. "I can't say much about squirrels and other land creatures in the territory, but there are some herons that lurk at the streams. A cat would have to be really sneaky to get close at all in this open territory, maybe we could give it a shot." He then gave a chuckle. "Or we can go for one of the ospreys but that's a one in a million chance and a it also holds a higher likelihood of one of us being carried away instead." He thought of the occasional bird of prey that flew over him when he wondered the territory alone and he decided it wasn't best to joke about such deadly things.

~

Canopypaw thought of the occasional bickering senior warriors that still wanted to fight over the warm river bed and thanked Starclan that Willowstar and Sunstar settled the problem when they became leaders. "Patrols always find ways to complain about something... and Wingpaw will be doing just that when he gets back and we're not there. Oh well, maybe someone saw us leave and will point the poor guy this way."

"I don't know, Ivypaw, I don't know," Frostpaw hissed, her throat tight with guilt. "I don't know if they know that she died. I couldn't say anything, I couldn't...I couldn't bring myself to do it. I know it's so, so selfish and so wrong, but I can't...I couldn't..."
The she-cat drew off, lowering her head, ears flat with shame. She stopped in her tracks, staring at her paws. Her gaze flickered up to Ivypaw. "I should tell them, shouldn't I? It's wrong not to..."
"You and Flamepaw both can tell them when the time is right," Ivypaw soothed softly, briefly putting her nose to Frostpaw's cheek. When she pulled back, her head drifted even lower than before, but her purposeful stride resumed and remained steady. "Honestly, it's really noble of you to spare them the pain of her initial...sendoff."

Crowpaw had already fetched his rabbit still left in the grasses of the moor, and as he came back towards Hazelpaw, he saw the she-cat, one rabbit in her jaws, the other tossed over her shoulder. "Hazelpaw..." He called incredulously, as he approached her. He was grinning around the rabbit though, his eyes glittering with amusement. "I agree, you may have some issues getting back." Unable to hide his amusement, his soft laughs were muffled behind the rabbit in his mouth.
"You could try and get up the hill like that, or, you could, you know, ask for help?"
In response, Hazelpaw surged up the hill. Her burden came close to overpowering her multiple times, but her struggles did eventually deliver her to the crest of the small, yet proportionately formidable, rise.
"TAKE THAT, ASKING FOR HELP," she caterwauled triumphantly, quite intentionally angling her yell down toward the grove where their companions still slept.

In response, Hazelpaw surged up the hill. Her burden came close to overpowering her multiple times, but her struggles did eventually deliver her to the crest of the small, yet proportionately formidable, rise.
"TAKE THAT, ASKING FOR HELP," she caterwauled triumphantly, quite intentionally angling her yell down toward the grove where their companions still slept.

Star groggily blinked her eyes as she heard a distant yelling voice, she glanced around and come to the tired conclusion that it was Crowpaw and Hazelpaw and they seemed to be missing from the sleeping pile. She closed her eyes again and gave a groan of sleepiness as she couldn't sleep again but she couldn't really wake up due to a kit curled up at one side of her and Palepaw at the other.

Lostpaw tilted his head for a moment. "I can't say much about squirrels and other land creatures in the territory, but there are some herons that lurk at the streams. A cat would have to be really sneaky to get close at all in this open territory, maybe we could give it a shot." He then gave a chuckle. "Or we can go for one of the ospreys but that's a one in a million chance and a it also holds a higher likelihood of one of us being carried away instead." He thought of the occasional bird of prey that flew over him when he wondered the territory alone and he decided it wasn't best to joke about such deadly things.

~

Canopypaw thought of the occasional bickering senior warriors that still wanted to fight over the warm river bed and thanked Starclan that Willowstar and Sunstar settled the problem when they became leaders. "Patrols always find ways to complain about something... and Wingpaw will be doing just that when he gets back and we're not there. Oh well, maybe someone saw us leave and will point the poor guy this way."
"We could always try for a heron sometime, though they are really big and spook easily..." Brokenwing mused softly. She shuddered at his idea of catching a osprey. "Um, I'm actually quite content on the ground and not being carried away by a osprey."

~

"Hopefully someone will," Ravenpaw nodded, rolling over to her side and stretching out to her full length on the warm pebbles.
Many minutes later, the sound of claws scratching against wood causing her to jump upwards, tail bushed and hackles raised. Jumping down from the tree bridge was a breathless Wingpaw, grinning as he saw them. "You didn't have to run, we are going to disappear on you. Besides, I thought you were hunting with Nightflower?" Ravenpaw meowed, shaking her pelt.
He shrugged, trotting up to them. "We finished...caught a few birds and a squirrel for you two...Mousepaw said you guys were heading here when she was collecting moss, so I came to find you."

"You and Flamepaw both can tell them when the time is right," Ivypaw soothed softly, briefly putting her nose to Frostpaw's cheek. When she pulled back, her head drifted even lower than before, but her purposeful stride resumed and remained steady. "Honestly, it's really noble of you to spare them the pain of her initial...sendoff."
Frostpaw nodded with a sigh, grateful for Ivypaw's gentle words. "It isn't exactly noble, though..." She murmured, picking up her feet to follow the she-cat. "But I...just hope I did the right thing." As they approached Flamepaw, Doveheart in his jaws, she just gave him a grim half-smile when she saw him. "Where are we taking her?"

Star groggily blinked her eyes as she heard a distant yelling voice, she glanced around and come to the tired conclusion that it was Crowpaw and Hazelpaw and they seemed to be missing from the sleeping pile. She closed her eyes again and gave a groan of sleepiness as she couldn't sleep again but she couldn't really wake up due to a kit curled up at one side of her and Palepaw at the other.
Crowpaw chuckled to himself as he heard Hazelpaw's caterwaul echo loudly, pulling himself up the hill to meet her. "I guess I was wrong. You did make it," he meowed, eyes gleaming. "Come on, lets go wake up Star and Palepaw."
Without waiting, he quickly made his way back to the little cove where they slept. "Palepaw! Star! Wake up, we have food!"

"We could always try for a heron sometime, though they are really big and spook easily..." Brokenwing mused softly. She shuddered at his idea of catching a osprey. "Um, I'm actually quite content on the ground and not being carried away by a osprey."

~

"Hopefully someone will," Ravenpaw nodded, rolling over to her side and stretching out to her full length on the warm pebbles.
Many minutes later, the sound of claws scratching against wood causing her to jump upwards, tail bushed and hackles raised. Jumping down from the tree bridge was a breathless Wingpaw, grinning as he saw them. "You didn't have to run, we are going to disappear on you. Besides, I thought you were hunting with Nightflower?" Ravenpaw meowed, shaking her pelt.
He shrugged, trotting up to them. "We finished...caught a few birds and a squirrel for you two...Mousepaw said you guys were heading here when she was collecting moss, so I came to find you."

"Yeah maybe they're both not the best options." Lostpaw sighed, his disappointment peaking through for a second before he shrugged. "Oh well, maybe we'll have to snatch a bird from another clan." He was mostly joking of course as he's sure that would cause too much trouble as well, but his serious monotone voice made it hard to tell.

~

Canopypaw nodded her agreement and she shifted on the pebbles, enjoying the minutes of peace until a certain apprentice joined them. She didn't even move to look at him as Ravenpaw engaged with him. She gave a chuckle as she immediately knew it was no other cat than Wingpaw. "Sounds like a good hunt, did you bring the squirrel with you?" She asked as she kept her eyes on the stretching Waterfallclan territory, which she was viewing upside down from laying on her back.

Back
Top Bottom