“Share Helpful Backyard Poultry TIPS” a Random Posting CONTEST Thread ~ Hosts, Mike & Sally

caf.gif

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but the next time I hatch I'm going to put all important egg info on the pointed/bottom of the eggs. Last hatch all information was lost due to the chicks destroying the top of it, or it comes completely off the shell and lost. I may still not know which chick came from which egg but I'll know which hens chicks hatch the best.

Last edited:
Fast-Growing Duckweed, Feed Your Livestock AND Your Family With Prolific,

6189fe187e20e151aeed98e1e87031ea.jpg
http://www.offthegridnews.com/how-t...r-family-with-prolific-fast-growing-duckweed/
I had this stuff growing in my fish tank. It was almost IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of. If I ignored it for more than 48 hours it would cover the tank. I've scooped it out and fed it to the chickens fresh, never thought to dry it. They LOVED it. I didn't know what it was at the time. It's nice to know that I wasn't poisoning them.

It's gone from tank (finally), but I'd love to start growing it outside.

I had this stuff growing in my fish tank.  It was almost IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of.  If I ignored it for more than 48 hours it would cover the tank.  I've scooped it out and fed it to the chickens fresh, never thought to dry it.  They LOVED it.  I didn't know what it was at the time.  It's nice to know that I wasn't poisoning them.  

It's gone from tank (finally), but I'd love to start growing it outside.

Great idea. I had a friend give me three 55 gallon fish tanks in which I was going to do aquaponics never got to that. So I'll set them up and grab some duckweed out of the pond and get it started.

Back
Top Bottom